RFE on my I-485 - EB1

umesh.narain

Hi,

I have received RFE for my I-485. Please find the details below:

This office is unable to complete the processing of your application without further information. Please read and comply with the request below, then submit the evidence to the above address. Include a copy of this letter and place the attached gold sheet on top of your documents.

A review of your file and USCIS records indicates that you were physically present in the United States prior to your last admission. Submit evidence to establish that you did not accrue unlawful presence beginning on May 15. 2006 and ending on August 3, 2007. this evidence may include the following:

a) Proof of lawful status or as a parolee;

b) Proof that you did not accrue unlawful presence because of statute;

c) Proof that you did not accrue unlawful presence because of USCIS policy.

You must submit the requested information within eighty-four (84) days from the date of this letter (87 days if this notice was received by mail). Failure to do so may result in the denial of your application.

Please note the required deadline for providing a response to this Request for Evidence. The deadline reflects the maximum period for responding to this RFE. However, since many immigration benefits are time sensitive, you are encouraged to respond to this request as early as possible, but no later than the date provided on the request.

Officer #******

Between May 15 , 2006 and August 3, 2007, I was present in India working for my present company in India. I was here during 2003 and 2004 and returned to India in 2004. I dont have the copies of the old I-94 now.

I was with my old company during that time period.

My present company is the one which is processing my GC in EB-1. My I-140 is cleared and got the AP and EAD as well.

Can you please help me on how to proceed with this ? I have asked my present company to furnish proofs that i stayed in India during the time period the USCIS has asked for. Do i need to do anything else ?

Warm Regards,

Umesh

It was filed by my present company and for I-485, they said that i have get a personal attorney to get the advice. I have to find one in my area, Nashville. If you can suggest any good attorneys, that will be really appreciated.

But , in general, what is USCIS expecting ? What kind of documents ? I was in India during that time and can the payroll, paycheck from my company help? Please let me know.

Regards,

Umesh

Archived