Urgent - Relocating on H1B

rkp_imm

Hello,

I am H1B holder (H1B valid till Nov 2014 based on 3 years extension of I-140 approval). My I-140 is approved with priority date of Oct 2010 (EB2).

I want to relocate from my current location A to location B with the same employer for personal reasons. There are 2 options for relocation:

1. Moving to a different team but having the same/similar job profile at location B.

2. Working for the same team/same job profile/position at location B as it was in location A.

My questions are:

1) Which one of the 2 options is safer/better?

2) Will 2nd option ensure that I do not have to go through the GC process from the beginning? I have read about 'amendment' but would it be relevant for all cases or there are some exceptions?

3) If 2nd option doesn't work and I have to opt for option 1, would it impact my GC processing? Do I need to apply for labor again even though employer as well as job profile/position is same and only location has changed?

Please help.

Material changes in the terms and conditions of employment can have an effect on previously approved green card processes and maintenance of nonimmigrant status. A change in employment location could be a material change, depending on personal circumstances. It is wise to seek the counsel of a qualified immigration attorney.

Archived