Visa Stamping Lost I-20

cbun

I'm in my 3rd year of H1-B visiting home in April to have my visa stamping. I am holding bachelor's and master's degree from US, and working for a large bank. I lost all of my I-20's when I moved state. Is it gonna any issue going to interview without I-20?

Thanks for replying. I was able to get soft copy from school, but they are not notarized. I am concerned if VO asks for the originals. Also, I've been in the US studying for almost 10 years, and this is the first time I'm going back.

Thanks for replying. I was able to get soft copy from school, but they are not notarized. I am concerned if VO asks for the originals. Also, I've been in the US studying for almost 10 years, and this is the first time I'm going back.

You are in US studying for 10 years? .. what you are study that long ? PhD? ...

You can get it notarized at your local public library -- They will basically attest your signature or check with your school official for notarization and/or getting original I-20.

I got my scanned copies from school. I don't know if this is enough or not. Also I have never been back since I got to the US. This is my first time back. Is there any risk involved?

Should be fine if you have maintained legal status throughout and have genuine job. 10 years is long time, not to go back home. Hope you could make a visit soon.

I have been legal over the entire period of my stay. I am now working full time and my employer is in process of sponsoring my gc. Will my travel affect the gc process?

No GC is for future employment and depending on what stage of GC you are in, it could or it would not affect. Check GC related Thread for more info, as this is specifically for H1B Stamping.

It's currently in PERM stage, and not yet in I-140 just yet. I didn't mention it in my DS-160 at all because I felt that it's not gonna impact anything. I could be wrong though, and that's why I want to hear from anyone who has experience in this.

Archived