L1B I94 Extension Premium,was the status on Feb 19th as "RFE"now 15day Premium Process clock stopped

mycase123

Hi,

I saw the status on Feb19th as "RFE" but now again status showing as "Initial Review" and Premium clock stopped.

I am not sure what doe this mean exactly, please help me...appreciated your help.

Initial Review

On February 25, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

i spoke with my Employer they told didnt recive any communication.

I can't interact with my attornery directly.

Please let me know if you see similar case in the past, means why premium clock has been stopped after showed the status as RFE and now it's in Initial Review..

Thanks...

Normally when the Case is Submitted in Premium Processing, your 15 days clock starts. They have to take a decide within 15 days. For Ex, when the application is filed and if you receive an Request for Evidence (RFE), they will stop the clock. Once you submit your RFE documents, the clock restarts again. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

I verified with my employer still they didnt get any info.

Mainly i am worrying about my wife's visa.

I need to apply L2 for her but until my petetion will be approved, i can't start L2 process for her. This is my company's rule.

May be it's generic rule ?

But can i apply visitor visa for her by stating the reason as to visit her friend or me? after she travelled from india to U.S. then i can ask my company to file COS : B1 --> L2.

Is there any risk for that ,and my wife will get visitor visa ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Why do you need to apply for a Business Visa when your L1 extension is in Process? Please wait till you get your results. If your L1B gets approved, you can start an L2 for your wife. Please be patience and don't be in a hurry. Normally it takes 7 working days to receive the RFE documents to your employer. Then your employeer needs to provide you the documents that you need to fill in and send it back. Normally you will have 2-3 months time to respond back to RFE. Let me know how it goes.

B-2 visa is a valid alternative to L-2 dependent visa, but will be more difficult to obtain since it requires proof of intent to depart the US prior to I-94 expiration (which will be 6 months). A qualified attorney could advise on/assist with ways to make the B-2 visa application more successful.

Archived