Insurance for Parents Visiting USA

snook

Experts - What is good insurance that I take for my parents who are visiting USA for 5 months,

I got a quote from "inboundUSA" for both my parents for 5 months,

Primary person for 5 months - $270 (Average per month = $54)

Secondary person for 5 months - $ 240 (Average per month = $ 48)

-------------------------------------------------

Total of $520 for 2 people for 5 months

With $100 deductible per visit.

Is there anything cheaper or is inboundUSA good insurance company? Any one has prior experience?

Snook

Thanks for your suggestions - Definitely will look after them. I am getting suggestion on insurance companies who have know to reject the claims for unnecessary reasons....

:)- To be honest - insurance has nothing to do with me taking care my parents. If you really care about your parents then you make sure they live healthy so they can live longer and see you grow................... You have to do that every day by making sure they are happy and they do their exercises.................!!!

Look at yourself before you comment on others.

Thanks,

Snook

A medical crisis in the US is unaffordable for all but multi-millionaires. Many doctors will not see people on a non-emergency basis without insurance or payment in advance - especially if they are visitors and have no home address.

It is in your - and their - best interest to buy the most comprehensive policy available. If you can afford to have them visit, you can certainly afford the insurance. Be sure it has med-evac and repatriation benefits. Whenever my family travels abroad we purchase travel insurance to supplement our US policies (several of us are covered by more than one already). For one additional benefit, the company assists in locating doctors and facilities in the various countries.

• 3 months later...

snook - I think you misunderstood t75's point, which I think is quite valid "Worry more about the (insurance) benefits and upgrade (i.e. pay more) for better (insurance) coverage".

The avg. monthly rate you mentioned seems very low and good insurance coverage at that rate seems almost unreal (based on the amounts most people in the US pay for medical insurance). When you think something is 'too good to be true', it usually IS 'too good to be true'.

• 5 weeks later...

A medical crisis in the US is unaffordable for all but multi-millionaires. Many doctors will not see people on a non-emergency basis without insurance or payment in advance - especially if they are visitors and have no home address.

It is in your - and their - best interest to buy the most comprehensive policy available. If you can afford to have them visit, you can certainly afford the insurance. Be sure it has med-evac and repatriation benefits. Whenever my family travels abroad we purchase travel insurance to supplement our US policies (several of us are covered by more than one already). For one additional benefit, the company assists in locating doctors and facilities in the various countries.

Hello t75.. Could you please share the name of the Health plan that you mentioned above? and any Idea if it covers for cancer tratments ?

Archived