Can I count my working experience in for EB2?

emp55

When I got a job offer from A staffing company, they promised that they will file the GC in EB2 for me after 5 months. After joining the company I realized that my work experience is short by 12 days in 5 years to apply for GC in EB2 category.

When I was woking at A's client (let's say B)for 4 months, out of blue, I got laid off due to the client's (B) budget problem. Fortunately, My staffing company got me a job immediately in the totally different industry, and area. Job description is totally different as well. I have been working for A's another client (let's say C) for 1 month now.

Here is my question; can I count the 4 month working experience in for 5 years experience to apply G.C in EB2 although it is with the same employer? they are nothing in common. Please share your opinion. That would be appreciated.

You can not use experience gained while working at your employer (only the employer matters, whatever clients is completely irrelevant) unless the GC job is at least 50% different from your current job.

And a "staffing company" can not get H1s. Your employer has to have control over your job, and that means that the employer can't be a simple staffing company. They need to have experience in the field to be able to control your job.

The general rule is that experience with the same employer cannot be used to qualify for the experiential requirement in a PERM job offer sponsored on behalf of an employee unless the experience was gained in an occupation more than 51% different than the job being offered in the PERM. The counsel of qualified immigration attorneys is valuable to set up and prepare a case successfully.

Archived