StartUp 3.0

sweet.salt

I am on H-1b.

Started working in Software industry from 2005, My first job was at ****** when I was still doing studies.

Because of interesting project work on jobs, my comprehensive exams to get a degree got delayed and I cleared my exam in 2011 and got a degree in 2011.

But in the mean time I was employeed with companies like ****** & ********

The act says:

The act also includes a provision that would create visas to allow up to 50,000 foreign students with a master’s or P.hD. in math, science, engineering, math or tech disciplines (STEM) to stay in the U.S. on a “conditional status” if they remain engaged in a technical field for five years,”

Question: so my 5 years starts from 2005 or they will start counting 5 years from 2011?

First things first, you are referring to a recently introduced bill in the House of Representatives. A bill is proposed legislation -- not the law. There are many, many, many steps that a bill has to go through before it becomes law. In addition, most knowledgeable Congressional observers suggest that these so-called piecemeal immigration reform bills are not likely to pass and become law, but are to position certain issues for comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) legislation.

Bottom line, wait until Congress passes immigration reform legislation (which is few months off at best and probably several months away), and then post your questions based on the new law.

Archived