EB2 and EB1 parallel processing, suggetion

• 7 months later...

My husband has filed his EB1-A (concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485). He is planning to quit current job and to wait for the few interview results. Can he be jobless during I-485 pending?

I have one doubt. At any cause, if his GC will be withdrawn/terminated after we get GC at hand, will it affect spouse and kids Green Card too?

It is always easier to get a new job if employed.  It is foolish to quit until he has another firm offer and start date.

Since your GCs are dependent on his, if his is gone so are all of the others. Once a GC has been granted, unless there is a serious problem, it remains valid.

You both need to sit with an attorney and discuss his plans because it seems like you really don't have one.

My husband has filed his EB1-A (concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485). He is planning to quit current job and to wait for the few interview results. Can he be jobless during I-485 pending?

I have one doubt. At any cause, if his GC will be withdrawn/terminated after we get GC at hand, will it affect spouse and kids Green Card too?

Has the I-140 been approved?

To t75,

We know its foolish. But we have to quit, coz of the situation.

To Attorney_23:

Not yet. But planning to quit in 1 month, since his boss is not having fund to support his position (working as a postdoc in Medical Science). Hope I-140 will be approved in a month.

How long it will take to approve/deny I-140 if we filed EB1-A concurrent??

Thanks for your valuable replies..

Archived