EB2 Eligibility

I may be asking same question, that was already asked by many, please let me know.

1. I have B.Sc Comp science from Indian university. (its a 3 year course).(10+2+3 education format)

I have approved labor on EB3. But trying to find my options on going for EB2.

I have over 12 years of IT exp, Here is my question, If my new employer wants to file a Labor can I do it EB2? with above education and experience?

If yes can i retain my old pd for new one?

Any suggestions?

In order to be classified as an EB-2 nonimmigrant, an individual must be the beneficiary of an approved I-140 based on a job with minimum requirements of an advanced degree, which is either a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree plus five years of progressive post baccalaureate work experience. If attempting to qualify on the basis of a Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of progressive post baccalaureate experience, the Bachelor's degree must be a single educational source equivalent, i.e. it cannot be equal to a US Bachelor's based on a combo of education and experience. Generally, a three year Indian Bachelor's degree is not the single source educational equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. Yes, a priority date can be retained between an earlier filed and subsequent I-140, even if the subsequent I-140 is in a different immigrant category than the earlier filed I-140.

... based on a job with minimum requirements of an advanced degree. (Emphases added by poster.)

... the Bachelor's degree must be a single educational source equivalent, i.e. it cannot be equal to a US Bachelor's based on a combo of education and experience. Generally, a three year Indian Bachelor's degree is not the single source educational equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.

Attorney_11 thank you for posting these very important points regarding EB-2 requirements. Everyone looking to apply for, or port to, permanent residency (green card) under EB-2 needs to know this information.

Archived