Applying Visitor Visa for Parents


Recommended Posts


I am currently on my H1b visa. I want to apply Visiting visa for my parents.

My question here is Last name of my father doesn't match on my passport and his passport.

Is it ok if i just fill up the forms according to our passports or should i ask my dad to get his passport changed.

His Name on Passport matches with his 10th certifcate.

please give your valuable suggestions.



Link to comment

I think he can get the name changed legally...on some stamp-paper I guess...and need some press ad/notice for change of name. Or it's something like the person with "This name" and "That name" are same.

I don't think without it even the passport will change since it's not a mistake but as per his 10th certificate.

How about your birth-certificate and other documents?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.