New PERM - EB2 requirements

Shurap1

Hello folks,

My friend is wondering if his GC could be filed under EB2 category or not. Below is his scenario. Please let me know is he will be qualified under EB2 category or not.

He is presently working on L1A in the managerial position. The EB2 job description requires a person to be in managerial position. He has a bachelor's degree. So do he needs to have 5+ years of experience in managerial position before joining the current employer or this can be progressive experience as below:

1. One year as Software Engineer

2. One year as Senior Software Engineer

3. One year as Team Lead

4. Two years as Software Manager

Please reply.

Thanks,

Shurap1

To qualify as an advanced degree professional i.e. the EB-2 category, an individual must be offered a job which requires and must have a Master's degree or its single source equivalent or a Bachelor's degree or its single source equivalent with five years of progressively responsible work experience.

So in the above scenario do he have progressively responsible work experience or not?

“Progressive experience” is not defined by statute or regulation. Its plain meaning within the context of EB-2 adjudications is employment experience that reveals progress, moves forward, and advances toward increasingly complex or responsible duties. In short, progressive experience is demonstrated by advancing levels of responsibility and knowledge in the specialty.

Archived