Desi employer Harrasment without paying salary after i Quit..please suggest and help

happybio

Hi

I am a student on STEM extension, was working through a desi company ABC in NJ as a SAS programmer..which is related to my major as i have got ms in biology...i joined them in March 2012 having no other source as i could not find any job..i was already trained in SAS by then they got me a job it dint flair well after working for a full month I lost the job lack of experience ...then they dint even pay me ABC sid they were favoring the clint and will not be payed...

I was let to stay at their place for 2 months ABC is owned by a wife and husband..wife worked on 2 different jobs as she was working from home..I was feeling obligated to stay at their place and did all that they told me..I got another job in july 2012 and worked really hard proved my self..ABC asked me to reffer another employer and i did it...

But soon realized they were taking advantage of me...ABC' wife intially asked me to help her with her work (company ZZZ) and later started to deamand they would litrally shout on on me if i dint do it.... i scilently obeyed as i was here all by myself and had no supported...in the mean time i looked for a full time position and cracked though the interview..and the vendor told me that the contract will be month to month which was not adviceable for me to take up as i have to file my H1 this april...so i immedeately let ABC know about my full time job and told them i am going to quit...they tried to convince me but i had my reasons so they ended up saying...we know u so we will let you go..dont let the other employees know..if everybody leaves we will have to shut out business...

the background check for full time was over and i switched my job..ABC verified my employment ..but i was being sent emails like..whom else are you aking along with you to your new hiring company?? what did you tell XXX (another employee)...then after learning every body got their salary for december 2012 i politely asked ABC for my salary as i havent recived it..Abc then brought up financial compensation into picture...and said did not process my paycheck...

I clearly explained them my intention taking up a full time to avoid H1 issues later...and I was helping them out in every possible way till then and i desrve the salary as i worked very hard and they also got a very good name with the vendor.....ABC replied saying what i did is called backstabbing and I have to pay $10,000 as there was a contract breach...i was asked to sign a offer letter in march 2012 they never bought the contract into picture and said it was just a formality sake signature...

I repeately send them emails asking for my pay as it was my hard earned money and i totally desrve it...if i dont see that happening i wpu;d complain to DOL..ABC emailed me a stupid invoice in email which is a word doc...just to scare me..saying i need to pay 10,000$ as i have broken the contract...and will take a legal action against me and my hiring company if i dont pay that amount ASAP.... the only mistake i did was believing in them as they sounded sweet....

please help me out giving your valuable suggestions how should i proceed further i need to get paid 7500$ which is a very big amount...its my hard earned money i dont want to loose it...

please help me out giving your valuable suggestions how should i proceed further i need to get paid 7500$ which is a very big amount...its my hard earned money i dont want to loose it...

You got lot of trouble with your ABC employer. Instead of depending on this forum its better to give a call to murthy firm. And I am sure it costs less than 7500 dollars.

happybio - you knew from day one that what you did was not correct. you just thought about the $s then and as things dint work out you are opting out. Joining ABC was a mistake and was done by choice. Do not say you dint have a choice. you can file a complaint with DOL as others suggested. But do not complain that someone cheated you. You tried to cheat someone else in the first place. I dont think you can deny that. if you want easy money then there will be issues like this. If you dont want any issues then go the right path. also if you are so genuine you should not have a problem mentioning the real name of ABC.

Archived