Don't have the Client letter and Client confirmation mail.

jag424

I am working for a Bank in Chicago and they are not willing to provide any client letter, client confirmation mail and any sort of communication from there side. I am on EVC model, my vendor is ready to provide me all the required documents ( i.e PO, MSA) from his side to get my h1b stamping in Vancouver on May 3 and also i can carry the acknowledgement from my colleagues, email conversations, org chart, project schedule, time sheets etc. Can anyone please suggest if it's safe to go with these documents?

Hi Guys,

I'm also in similar situation except that my manager is willing to give an email which i can take a print and present to VO.

I'm attending the interview at vancouver in first week of march. Since i don't have a letter from client, do you guys think it will be a problem.

Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Pratap

I am in a Same Boat. I am going for a H-1B Visa Stamping Interview on 8th February at Vancouver.

- My Client Can not provide me Client Letter as per Company Policy. But my client Manager gave me his own letter that states in brief that I am going out side of a United States for H-1b Stamping. I am currently contracted to [Client Company Name] and is expected to return to complete my assignment.

- I am also going to keep 2 Acknowledgement letter from my colleagues

are these enough documents instead of Client Letter ?

Please suggest me

Thanks,

Hardik

Hi Guys,

I'm also in similar situation except that my manager is willing to give an email which i can take a print and present to VO.

I'm attending the interview at vancouver in first week of march. Since i don't have a letter from client, do you guys think it will be a problem.

Client letter is one of the req documents for visa interview. If you don't trust me, just search in this forum.

But my client Manager gave me his own letter that states in brief that I am going out side of a United States for H-1b Stamping. I am currently contracted to [Client Company Name] and is expected to return to complete my assignment.

What do you mean by own letter? If it's written on a plain white paper, then its no use. Client letter should be on letter head.

Remember their is no alternative for client letter.

Hey i am also in same boat.

I working for Financial company in VA and I am a employee of *****. I am a F1 to H1 candidate. My client used to provide letter until last November, but these days they stopped issuing such kind of letters. Last letter i got from my client is in April 2012 for my H1 B application. Also they may not issue email confirmation. My VISA date is on 20th Feb in Hyderabad. What should i do now....??

Also can any body tell me what is mean by Acknowledgement letter from colleagues...? If anybody can provide sample format that would be gr8.

Regards

Suman

Hey i am also in same boat.

I working for Financial company in VA and I am a employee of WIPRO. I am a F1 to H1 candidate. My client used to provide letter until last November, but these days they stopped issuing such kind of letters. Last letter i got from my client is in April 2012 for my H1 B application. Also they may not issue email confirmation. My VISA date is on 20th Feb in Hyderabad. What should i do now....??

Also can any body tell me what is mean by Acknowledgement letter from colleagues...? If anybody can provide sample format that would be gr8.

Dude, just cancel your interview if possible.

I have mentioned hundred's of times that client letter is mandatory for visa interview. Even if you work for some BIG firm without proper documents visa is not issued.

Forgot about acknowledgement letter, when you doesn't have the primary letter these secondary letters doesn't make any impact.

Emails don't help. Such things can be faked trivially.

A letter on company letterhead would be needed.

There are few lucky people who got it with the email. But doesn't mean that everyone will get it. People should understand, attending visa interview without proper documents is nothing inviting trouble to themselves.

One 221g during the interview will piss off nearly hundreds of people.

What do you mean by own letter? If it's written on a plain white paper, then its no use. Client letter should be on letter head.

Hey Rahul,

Thanks for your Valuable input. I got a Letter from my manager on my Company Letter Head only with his signature and contact details. The only problem is He gave me very Brief Letter as i mentioned above.

Thanks

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm working for a financial firm and they won't provide any sort of letter for any contractor.

I was only able to get an email from my manager. I heared that most of the financial/banking firms stopped giving letters to contractors.

I'm assuming that anyone working for these kind of companies can only get Prime vendor's letter, An email from Manager....

As the no. of cases is not small, shouldn't the VO consider the email and other proofs ? Also, These firms definitely have some brand/face value.

Please share your thoughts....I would really appreciate your help.....

Thank you,

pratap

That will happen only after the candidate has received 221g. So do you want the candidate to get 221g??

Client letter is one of the req documents for visa interview. If you don't trust me, just search in this forum.

Dude, just cancel your interview if possible.

I have mentioned hundred's of times that client letter is mandatory for visa interview. Even if you work for some BIG firm without proper documents visa is not issued.

Forgot about acknowledgement letter, when you doesn't have the primary letter these secondary letters doesn't make any impact.

There are few lucky people who got it with the email. But doesn't mean that everyone will get it. People should understand, attending visa interview without proper documents is nothing inviting trouble to themselves.

One 221g during the interview will piss off nearly hundreds of people.

Everyone should listen to rahul412!

OR

Be prepared for any outcome from visa interview (outright rejection OR 221g OR Sometimes if your stars are aligned properly, they may approve without asking for any documents too, it all boils down to how much risk you are willing to take)

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm working for a financial firm and they won't provide any sort of letter for any contractor.

I was only able to get an email from my manager. I heared that most of the financial/banking firms stopped giving letters to contractors.

Client letter is mandatory. If you are lucky then you can get your visa with that email.

As the no. of cases is not small, shouldn't the VO consider the email and other proofs ? Also, These firms definitely have some brand/face value.

Please share your thoughts....I would really appreciate your help.....

Since you doesn't have a client letter or you are working for a BIG firm, rules doesn't change. You need to have all the documents for your interview.

Even the petitions filed by these BIG firms sometimes get rejected.

Even the FTE's visa can be rejected if something is missing or wrong in the case.

• 1 year later...

I work for an Indian IT company. I appeared for the H1B visa interview but i did not have the Client Invitation Letter. I was asked to submit the Statement of Work(SOW) (contract between my employer and Client, let say client X) and a Client Invitation Letter(from Client X) stated in the form 221 (G). After i come back from the visa interview I got the knowledge that Client X for which the H1B was filed does not issue Client Invitation letter but I could get the SOW only. However another client (Client Y) of my company is ready to give me the Client Invite Letter and SOW.  Client X work location is Salt Lake City, Utah and Client Y location is New Jersey . Is there a way out of this? 

Archived