Successful stamping on Jan 28 @Vancouver

h1batvancouver

Its time to payback:

Seattle to Vancouver (Jan27): I reached vancouver (Days Inn) by bus from Seattle downtown. If anyone is planning to go by bus then use quickcoach.com. Just asked few questions on the border check. reason of visit? US status? US address?

Hotel in Vancouver (Jan 27): Days Inn does currency exchange without any fee ($1 USD = $1 CAD). I saw few stores (quizinos, starbucks accepting USD dollars). So I suggest don't take CAD $ at US airports or else you will end up paying high transaction fee. I made the same mistake :)

Operation H1B Stamping: My appointment was as 10 AM but reached US consulate at 9:00 AM. Sooner the best. At counter 1, they will check all docs/photo/PIMS.Then depending on token number security person will take us to 20th floor.

I went to Counter 5, my questions where basic and he just asked for client letter and LCA. NO ADDITIONAL DOCS ASKED.

1) Who is your employer? (for a sec i forgot my employer name :) )

2) Show me your LCA (he was looking each and every page and verified salary/client location)

3) what is you slaary? (crosschecked on LCA)

4) Who is your client and location ( crosschecked client location on LCA)

5) Does this position (System Analyst) require Masters?

6) what specialization in XXX university?

ans: Masters in Mechanical Enng

7) Did you do any training for System analyst position?

ans: I was expecting this. Same standard answer replied, I had few courses related to computers like (named few) in my bachelors and masters.

8) Did you do 3yr or 4 yr degree back home?

ans: 4yrs degree

9) What degree is that?

ans: Bachelors in Technology

Approved, gave me the waybill instructions and told to check status online and said i could not find your application on our database (PIMS verification, I was expecting), it might take additional 1-2 days,

As I had my amendment approval just 3 weeks before interview date. Waiting for email from Loomis.

Total 6 people got H1B approved. I haven't heard of anyone getting 221g's from couple of days.

Suggestions:

1) Book hotels on West Pender street (Days Inn and Ramada Limited) close to US consulate. Book hotels alteast 2 weeks before so that you will get a good deal.

2) Limit your answers to one word or one sentence except Responsibilities/Project explanation.

3) Carry USD dollars, you can spend USD $ in vancouver or Days INN near consulate exchange for free.

4) Dont take electronics and sealed transcripts with you to US consulate.

5) If you have Vonage, Use vonage extension app and register for WIFI calling to make calls before you come to canada. No need for roaming plan.

Operation H1B Successful and Mission complete !!!

Thanks

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Can you give me the exact ans for these 2 questions please:

1) Does this position (System Analyst) require Masters?

2) Did you do any training for System analyst position?

I know for the 2nd one you said "I had few courses related to computers like (named few) in my bachelors and masters".. does that mean u said u dint need training? or should we tell them we did take training (with my employer)?

Thanks

Its time to payback:

Seattle to Vancouver (Jan27): I reached vancouver (Days Inn) by bus from Seattle downtown. If anyone is planning to go by bus then use quickcoach.com. Just asked few questions on the border check. reason of visit? US status? US address?

Hotel in Vancouver (Jan 27): Days Inn does currency exchange without any fee ($1 USD = $1 CAD). I saw few stores (quizinos, starbucks accepting USD dollars). So I suggest don't take CAD $ at US airports or else you will end up paying high transaction fee. I made the same mistake :)

Operation H1B Stamping: My appointment was as 10 AM but reached US consulate at 9:00 AM. Sooner the best. At counter 1, they will check all docs/photo/PIMS.Then depending on token number security person will take us to 20th floor.

I went to Counter 5, my questions where basic and he just asked for client letter and LCA. NO ADDITIONAL DOCS ASKED.

1) Who is your employer? (for a sec i forgot my employer name :) )

2) Show me your LCA (he was looking each and every page and verified salary/client location)

3) what is you slaary? (crosschecked on LCA)

4) Who is your client and location ( crosschecked client location on LCA)

5) Does this position (System Analyst) require Masters?

6) what specialization in XXX university?

ans: Masters in Mechanical Enng

7) Did you do any training for System analyst position?

ans: I was expecting this. Same standard answer replied, I had few courses related to computers like (named few) in my bachelors and masters.

8) Did you do 3yr or 4 yr degree back home?

ans: 4yrs degree

9) What degree is that?

ans: Bachelors in Technology

Approved, gave me the waybill instructions and told to check status online and said i could not find your application on our database (PIMS verification, I was expecting), it might take additional 1-2 days,

As I had my amendment approval just 3 weeks before interview date. Waiting for email from Loomis.

Total 6 people got H1B approved. I haven't heard of anyone getting 221g's from couple of days.

Suggestions:

1) Book hotels on West Pender street (Days Inn and Ramada Limited) close to US consulate. Book hotels alteast 2 weeks before so that you will get a good deal.

2) Limit your answers to one word or one sentence except Responsibilities/Project explanation.

3) Carry USD dollars, you can spend USD $ in vancouver or Days INN near consulate exchange for free.

4) Dont take electronics and sealed transcripts with you to US consulate.

5) If you have Vonage, Use vonage extension app and register for WIFI calling to make calls before you come to canada. No need for roaming plan.

Operation H1B Successful and Mission complete !!!

Thanks

Suresh

Archived