DS-160 Doubts

kalyanz

Hi All,

I have some doubts in filling DS-160 Form and seeking your thoughts on it. I will be going to stamping this November.

My Case:

This was my first H1B stamping. Completed my Masters in 2010. Was working on OPT since then and my H1B got started from this October 1st. My employer recently (September) filed PERM and it was under processsing and want to clarfiy below things before I submit my DS-160.

1) Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf

What should be the answer for this question as my PERM was filed last month and was under processing

2) Do you or did you ever hold a U.S. Driver's License?

I moved from XXX to YYY. I entered my current driver's license. Do I need to enter the old license information too.

3) Briefly describe your duties?

I entered 4-5 tasks which I do regularly. Will this be okay or shall I limit it to 2-3.

Thanks for your help...

Hi All,

I have some doubts in filling DS-160 Form and seeking your thoughts on it. I will be going to stamping this November.

My Case:

This was my first H1B stamping. Completed my Masters in 2010. Was working on OPT since then and my H1B got started from this October 1st. My employer recently (September) filed PERM and it was under processsing and want to clarfiy below things before I submit my DS-160.

1) Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf

What should be the answer for this question as my PERM was filed last month and was under processing

2) Do you or did you ever hold a U.S. Driver's License?

I moved from XXX to YYY. I entered my current driver's license. Do I need to enter the old license information too.

3) Briefly describe your duties?

I entered 4-5 tasks which I do regularly. Will this be okay or shall I limit it to 2-3.

Thanks for your help...

answer to question 2 : just give your current license details

question 3 : what ever you provided is good.

I am not sure about the first question.

answer to question 2 : just give your current license details

question 3 : what ever you provided is good.

I am not sure about the first question.

The answers to question 2 and 3 are same like others answered and for question 1 its my understanding that you should say YES only if you have a approved I140. The answer is NO if you don't have a approved I140. Got info from *******. Thanks.

Thanks,

Vinay

@success_chakri: Answer for Ques # 1: No (If your employer or someone else filed I-140 for you which is "Immigrant Petition" your answer will be YES.) Just filing PERM will not make that answer YES.

And how about license details. As all of the above said Is it okay if I give current license details...

Archived