Visa Stamping fee payment

rvhere

Hi RV,

India or CANADA? If it's India then my below reply will be applicable.

I know what you mean and it took forever for me to understand the obscurity that is on the website. Payment will be accepted from an Indian registered account only. (may be your friends in India or parents may help). NEFT payments are NOT honoured by bofa (usa) but only from bofa(india). I was surprised as I was expecting the user interface for online bankers to be same for Indian folks too.

There are 3 better options to make the payment. Have someone pay fee at AXIS bank or CITI bank OTC (over the counter) which will allow the whatever code to get activated in 24-48hrs but sometimes in hours. [or] have someone trnasfer funds online from ICICI or HDFC etc to those unique beneficiary account number but please note that it might take up to 24 hours for them to add an tranferee account to there preferred list so evaluate your options based on this.

Good luck. Let me know if you are planning to get it done in India. Thanks!

I was very excited to know the payment through Bank of america as it is the simplest and fastest way i imagined. However, when i visited the local branch here in United States the branch denied any knowledge of it. I visited BoA regional division to sort the matters (i was questioned under fraud protection at local branch) and regional division denied any knowledge of it. Once they all believed my story we called the customer service -1000 number of BoA and they denied any knowledge of it as well. (strange). I was told by the BoA that they are seeing increasing number for such transfers in last couple of weeks and they have no idea about it.

Finally, i called someone in India who oversees foreign exchange at a National bank in India and was told that the message has been misinterpreted by me and many like me.

EFT payment = Payment from an applicant's account in any nationalized bank in India to BoA account sanctioned to USCIS.

It is not a payment/EFT from BoA account to USCIS

I provided this feedback on the traveldocs website to make corrections so that people don't get confused or misguided.

@sunvinmon: I was trying to make payment and book my visa appointment in ustraveldocs.com/in. On Payment screen, after clicking "Click Here For All Payment Options" I see 3 different options. Here is NEFT mean that can I pay using my parent's India Visa/Master cards in online. Else I need to send the Unique Beneficiary Account Number, IFSC Code, etc info to my parents and ask them to pay in any AXIS or CITI bank locally and then I need to get the Receipt Number to enter in Payment screen on ustraveldocs.com/in to move further for booking visa appointment? Can you pls confirm. I'm in between and not able to understand the process of payment.

Thanks inadvance!!

@sunvinmon: I was trying to make payment and book my visa appointment in ustraveldocs.com/in. On Payment screen, after clicking "Click Here For All Payment Options" I see 3 different options. Here is NEFT mean that can I pay using my parent's India Visa/Master cards in online. Else I need to send the Unique Beneficiary Account Number, IFSC Code, etc info to my parents and ask them to pay in any AXIS or CITI bank locally and then I need to get the Receipt Number to enter in Payment screen on ustraveldocs.com/in to move further for booking visa appointment? Can you pls confirm. I'm in between and not able to understand the process of payment.

Thanks inadvance!!

Hi Lucky4u,

When you are having your parents to pay in Axis or CITI then you would need to click on those Axis or CITI options that will generate the CGI reference number BUT NOT on bank of america option anymore which is required only when you wanna make an online payment from ICICI bank or IDBI or HDFC etc whatever your parents have.

When you click on Axis or CITI a page will be generated with CGI ref # and that copy has to be carried by your parent to Axis or Citi bank along with 10450Rs. Your payment will be tied up to the reference number and once a payment is made you will receive an email that the MVS code has been activated in few hours (takes up to 48hrs as per website).

Once it's activated you can log into your profile and click on Schedule appointment and follow the instructions.... Hope this clarifies!

@sunvinmon: Thanks for your detailed message!! It was very clear but had one question...even when I click on Bank of America to pay thru HDFC online payment, I don't have any link which accepts card details or account details for processing payment. I am getting Unique Beneficiary Account Number details page. Can you pls advise.

Thanks alot for all your help!!

@sunvinmon: Thanks for your detailed message!! It was very clear but had one question...even when I click on Bank of America to pay thru HDFC online payment, I don't have any link which accepts card details or account details for processing payment. I am getting Unique Beneficiary Account Number details page. Can you pls advise.

Thanks alot for all your help!!

All,

The BoA logo on the payment options page is confusing. In this case, you are making payments to an account which is with BoA - so, it is not paying using BoA. If you have any bank account in India with online banking facility, you can do a 'Funds Transfer'. One of the categories of funds transfer is NEFT.

I paid my fee using ICICI bank - all I have to do was to use the unique beneficiary number & IFSC code given by the ustraveldocs website. If you are using ICICI, note that you either have to initiate the transfer as per Indian working hours or schedule it to initiate transfer during Indian bank working hours (Here, I don't understand their definition of online banking ). It took few hours for the ustraveldocs website to recognize my payment, but it was much easier than asking someone in India to go to a bank and pay the fee for you.

Hope this helps. I looked for this information everywhere, no one explained this to me... I had to figure it out. Came back to post this as it may help others like me...

RV.

Hi,

Is there any limit on the number of times you visit the appointment page, When I logged in I got an error with blank calander and stating I have exceeded the limit to access the appointment page, and have to wait till it resets next day.

Did anyone of you got this error, when scheduling an appointment and If so, please let me know when did the error was reset?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I was very excited to know the payment through Bank of america as it is the simplest and fastest way i imagined. However, when i visited the local branch here in United States the branch denied any knowledge of it. I visited BoA regional division to sort the matters (i was questioned under fraud protection at local branch) and regional division denied any knowledge of it. Once they all believed my story we called the customer service -1000 number of BoA and they denied any knowledge of it as well. (strange). I was told by the BoA that they are seeing increasing number for such transfers in last couple of weeks and they have no idea about it.

Finally, i called someone in India who oversees foreign exchange at a National bank in India and was told that the message has been misinterpreted by me and many like me.

EFT payment = Payment from an applicant's account in any nationalized bank in India to BoA account sanctioned to USCIS.

It is not a payment/EFT from BoA account to USCIS

I provided this feedback on the traveldocs website to make corrections so that people don't get confused or misguided.

All,

The BoA logo on the payment options page is confusing. In this case, you are making payments to an account which is with BoA - so, it is not paying using BoA. If you have any bank account in India with online banking facility, you can do a 'Funds Transfer'. One of the categories of funds transfer is NEFT.

I paid my fee using ICICI bank - all I have to do was to use the unique beneficiary number & IFSC code given by the ustraveldocs website. If you are using ICICI, note that you either have to initiate the transfer as per Indian working hours or schedule it to initiate transfer during Indian bank working hours (Here, I don't understand their definition of online banking ). It took few hours for the ustraveldocs website to recognize my payment, but it was much easier than asking someone in India to go to a bank and pay the fee for you.

Hope this helps. I looked for this information everywhere, no one explained this to me... I had to figure it out. Came back to post this as it may help others like me...

RV.

Hi, Thanks for your inputs.

I have paid my visa fee through net banking from my ICICI bank and I had the payement confirmation/reference number smething like 37XXXXXXX. Is this the same number that needs to be provided in the receipt number field in the portal or the unique beneficary acc number? And how long does this take to activate the transaction. I tried after 6 hours with the ICICI confirmation number but get an error that no vaild records found.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I too have same question as 'leela yalla' above. I paid MRV fee using NEFT. Scheduled it to be paid on Feb 18th India time, and ICICI bank is showing as transfer success. How long it takes for USCIS to activate my application? Where can I get the receipt number to enter in the portal? Is it same as NEFT transaction number or the unique account number?

Thanks,

Vijay

• 1 month later...

Update: In short: Contact them using online feedback form to update your application with NEFT payment information..

I waited for a week, but USCIS did not update my payment online. Then I sent them a query asking how long more I need to wait. I sent this query by logging in to ustraveldocs.com site and then using feedback option. They updated my application in a day with payment details.

• 8 months later...

All,

RV.

Hi RV,

It was a relief to see your reply as successful NEFT transfer.

From ICICI account, which option did you select for NEFT?

1) Funds Transfer (If NEFT option is selected, it asks you to add payee. Do we add BoA as payee here?)

2) Funds Transfer Abroad (Asks you beneficiary routing number. No info about this on VISA payment option)

Please let me know!

Thanks!!!

• 1 year later...

hello,

I am planning to pay the US visa fee via NEFT from ICICI bank, following information is required to add the payee in ICICI bank online. not certain what to fill in except for IFSC code. can some one who has done NEFT from ICICI to pay US visa fees, please review and advise if my understanding is correct? Thank You!

Payee Account Name: BANA MUMBAI US VISA SFA

Payee Account Number: TIERxxxxxxxx (unique Beneficiary Acc Number)

Payee Bank IFSC Code:  (BOFA0MM6205)

Payee Account Type: Savings

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

hello,

I am planning to pay the US visa fee via NEFT from ICICI bank, following information is required to add the payee in ICICI bank online. not certain what to fill in except for IFSC code. can some one who has done NEFT from ICICI to pay US visa fees, please review and advise if my understanding is correct? Thank You!

Payee Account Name: BANA MUMBAI US VISA SFA

Payee Account Number: TIERxxxxxxxx (unique Beneficiary Acc Number)

Payee Bank IFSC Code:  (BOFA0MM6205)

Payee Account Type: Savings

Thanks in advance.

@akb_cg

Were you able to figure out this? I have to pay US visa fee and trying the understand the procedure. Please let me know if you gave any updated information. Thanks 

Archived