H1B Transfer Timeframe based on experience

mj129

Hi guys,

Can everyone here share their H1B Transfer experience from LCA, receipt acceptance to actual approval? Would be great if it were for Premium Processing too.

1. How many calendar days did it take to get LCA?

2. How many calendar days it took to get the receipt?

3. How many calendar days it took to get the approval?

Thanks!

1. How many calendar days did it take to get LCA?

5 business days

2. How many calendar days it took to get the receipt?

Varies from 2 days to 10 days, depends on their work load

3. How many calendar days it took to get the approval?

Cannot judge, but if all the documents are good enough then it may take around 4-5 months.

Better to go for premium processing, will have a decision in 15 calendar days once you have a receipt date.

Note : These are just estimates based on various posts and are not official figures. Better consult an attorney while making a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me that can we travel to India if the H1 transfer is in process? My H1 transfer is in process and I have to go to India urgently. It was applied under normal processing in August and its still in Initial Review.

It would be of great help if someone can help me. Thanks

Unless it is too urgent its better not to visit India. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Better consult with your employer's attorney. Else upgrade to premium processing.

• 2 weeks later...

Any one got any approval's for transfer ?

Mine still says Initial review

Receipt date: June 12 2012

Service center : VSC

Type: Transfer -- Regular

When called the USCIS they say they are still reviewing it and may take upto one month .

They mentioned that June applications are being with the case worker and is reviewed ?

Archived