OFC appointment question, does it have to be 24 hrs before or just 1 day before

whiteknight

Below was the answer from US Visa service desk regarding the same question that you asked was asked by me. Hope it helps.

Response:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to know if your OFC can be scheduled a day before your Consular interview.

Please be informed that the minimum time between your OFC and Consular interview should be one day. You may proceed for both of the interviews as scheduled by you.

If you have any further queries please contact us on +91 120 6602222 or +91 22 67209400. Alternatively, you can visit www.ustraveldocs.com/in for further information.

Yours sincerely,

U.S Visa Service Desk.

OFC should be before. We dont have a choice to choose the date. however, there are a lots of slots and very easy to get that because there are multiple 30 minutes slots from 1-5pm. So if you get lot of dates to choose from you are lucky. Else, within a given date you have some degree of flexibility in choosing the time of the day. I have my interview 4 days after the OFC.

It could be any time on previous day. Although the website says that it should be atleast one day, the system allows you to book an OFC appointment less than 24 hrs from your visa interview time. If they wanted to enforce 24hr minimum, they could have done in the system itself. I booked the visa interview on Dec 19 at 9 am and the next screen showed OFC appointments available until 5pm, Dec 18. I even read somewhere that it showed times on the same day as visa interview if the interview is during later half of the day.

• 1 month later...

Archived