Reinstatement of F1 or Exit/Entry with new i94 while MTR is pending?

SamirM86

Filed for H1 in May 2012. Got RFE in June 2012. Replied for RFE in Sep 2012. Got H1B Denial in Sep 2012. Employer filed for MTR in OCT 2012 and i290 B with $630 was added. Check for $630 withdrawn from the bank but no receipt so far and no update on USCIS website.

Parallely, I took admission in a university I was planning from a while. H1B denial closed my SEVIS in my previous university and now I have been given only two choices from the university get out of country and come back OR file for Reinstatement.

I'm very confused right now. Not sure whats the best way to proceed. Should I go out of the country and come on new i120 while my MTR is filed or stay in the country and wait for MTR approval.

Filed for H1 in May 2012. Got RFE in June 2012. Replied for RFE in Sep 2012. Got H1B Denial in Sep 2012. Employer filed for MTR in OCT 2012 and i290 B with $630 was added. Check for $630 withdrawn from the bank but no receipt so far and no update on USCIS website.

Parallely, I took admission in a university I was planning from a while. H1B denial closed my SEVIS in my previous university and now I have been given only two choices from the university get out of country and come back OR file for Reinstatement.

I'm very confused right now. Not sure whats the best way to proceed. Should I go out of the country and come on new i120 while my MTR is filed or stay in the country and wait for MTR approval.

Go out of the country and come in on a new I-20. MTR can take ages to complete (from what I have read)

Archived