Transfer H1B keeping the same vendor and end-client?

hopeful86

Hi,

My current H1B is going to expire in two months. My employer (Company A) applied for extension (premium processing) and got an RFE that requires us to prove employer-employee relationship. My scenario is Company A -> Vendor -> Client.

I still have two months valid H1B, but I want to see if I can also file a transfer on the same project. That means keeping the same Vendor and Client but transferring my H1B from company A to Company B? My concern is since we are trying to establish an employer-employee relationship with Company A (in already under process extension), would it have a negative impact on both extension and transfer cases? Doesn't it show that I am not bound to Company A, but actually to the vendor or the end client, breaking the employer-employee relationship itself? Can USCIS check a beneficiary's case against other pending extension or transfer cases of the same beneficiary?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I had a some what similar issue.

Company A filed for amendment with vendor B and client C. Received RFE. Around the same time

Company (Vendor B) big IT firm applied for H1B transfer with client C

USCIS sent RFE to both COs

Please take expert legal advice on this issue as you have limited time on your H1

Archived