Can I re-use the L1B [Individual] visa if I re-join the company who issued the visa?

vij_sa

I used to work for company A from Mar, 2006 to Sep, 2011. In Aug, 2010 I got my L1B visa approved from this company A in India & I was transferred to Company A's US subsidiary. I worked for 7 months & came back in Mar, 2011 & in Sep, 2011 I resigned from company A & joined company B. Now I am getting an offer from company A's US subsidiary to join in the same team/same project @ their US office. My question is , whether I can travel using the same L1 visa which is valid till July, 2013? If so Can I travel directly to US & join the office or should I join Company A's subsidiary in India before travelling to US? Pls note that Company A's US subsidiary is the parent company. The office in india is only a sister concern.

I used to work for company A from Mar, 2006 to Sep, 2011. In Aug, 2010 I got my L1B visa approved from this company A in India & I was transferred to Company A's US subsidiary. I worked for 7 months & came back in Mar, 2011 & in Sep, 2011 I resigned from company A & joined company B. Now I am getting an offer from company A's US subsidiary to join in the same team/same project @ their US office. My question is , whether I can travel using the same L1 visa which is valid till July, 2013? If so Can I travel directly to US & join the office or should I join Company A's subsidiary in India before travelling to US? Pls note that Company A's US subsidiary is the parent company. The office in india is only a sister concern.

I had a similar case of resigning while L1 B still active and then rejoining back.

I had rejoined in India and traveled next day(just so that I have all documents + id card).

I even went back to India on vacation and got it stamped at Chennai consulate last December.

Consular officer asked me how long I was with the company.

I told him that "I was with this company from Aug 2005 to May 2010. While with this company, I got L1 stamped with validity July 2008 to July 2011. I had worked in USA from Nov 2008 to March 2010. Came back and resigned in May 2010.

Rejoined company in India in May 2011 and immediately traveled to USA. Came to USA and extended up to July 2013.

SO ESSENTIALLY 4 YEAR 10 MONTHS PREVIOUSLY AND 8 MONTHS NOW = 5 YEAR 5 MONTHS".

Visited India in Dec 2011 on vacation and got it stamped and I am back in USA.

Archived