Green Card & Consultant


Recommended Posts

Need an Advice from the experts.

I'm an IT Consultant who recently got Green Card. After 6 months I'm planning to leave my W2 employer, who sponsored my GC, and be Independent Consultant.

My question is. Should I open my own LLC or should I join the main Vendor who has the project with the Client on their W2. In the latter case each time there's a project I would be on the Vendor's W2.

Lets say I get a 6 month project with Vendor ABC in NYC. I join company ABC on their W2 and after 6 months I get another project in DC with Vendor XYZ for 1 yr. So I leave company ABC and join XYZ on their W2. Is that fine to do? Will I get 2 W2's at year end?

Or is it wise to open my own company and work on 1099.

I know this is not really a Immigration question, but any help is highly appreciated.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

"He's not paying me my full Salary. Is that a good reason to leave?"

Absolutely. Since you want to leave send him a letter demanding your salary as agreed upon and keep the correspondence. If he refuses leave. If he pays you then wait for a few more months and then demand more money. Let us say he fires you. You are totally safe.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.