Status change from Initial Review to Acceptance

bubaipuchi

I am on EB-2 India, with early 2008 PD. I-485 filed and EAD-AP received. Fingerprinting done.

Recently found out from USCIS site that my I-485 status changed from Initial Review to Acceptance (i.e. backwards).

Questions

1. Significance of this? Any suggestions how to find out whether case is pre-adjudicated?

2. From Oct 2012 onwards, if PDs do not move on visa bulletin, are pre-adjudicated cases adjudicated internally and GCs provided without PDs moving forward in visa bulletins?

Thanks for your inputs.

1. Significance of this? Any suggestions how to find out whether case is pre-adjudicated?

- Call USCIS & they'll let you know

2. From Oct 2012 onwards, if PDs do not move on visa bulletin, are pre-adjudicated cases adjudicated internally and GCs provided without PDs moving forward in visa bulletins?

- Without PD being current, no one gets GC. PERIOD.

I am on EB-2 India, with early 2008 PD. I-485 filed and EAD-AP received. Fingerprinting done.

Recently found out from USCIS site that my I-485 status changed from Initial Review to Acceptance (i.e. backwards).

Questions

Thanks for your inputs.

1) Some one started working on your case, they might preadjudicate if they have everything needed, if not they will issue RFE. if dont hear anything from them in the next 6 weeks assume that you are preadjudicated

2)Your PD must be current in order to get GC. So you are one of the many waiting with 2008 PD( inluding me). My guess is we may have to wait until end of the fiscal year. worst case scenario until next year.

2)

How to find out if a case is pre-adjudicated?

My I-485 receipt date is 01/31/2012 (EB-2/I, PD 12/2008). So it's now over five months since filing. My case status on the USCIS website shows as "Acceptance". Can I call the USCIS customer service number to find out what the current status is?

yes. In fact you may call and raise SR since your case is past the posted processing times. SR slhould at least get you some information.

Hi

You can call on the number listed in your 485 receipt notice to check whether your case in pre-adjudicated or not. I called up number listed in 485. Reach first level officer, who read blah blah blah wait for your case to hear as your country's priority date is not current. I told him, my case got an update which turns from Initial Review to Acceptance state so I would like to know whats going on. Again blah blah ... service centers do many things hence you might have got an update. I then requested to transfer to L2 since I would like to know exact status on whats going on my case (politely). Now L1 transfers my call, L2 comes online after 15 minutes wait time. Luckily good officer, asked me what is my question. Requested him the same, more insight on my case. He told me, my case is pre-adujicated on April 6th and it seems await for a visa number. I got update recently it does mean someone working on it.

Nothing more he could tell except my case is preadjudicated or not.

try your luck & good luck :-)

Archived