Urban legend?

Hi,

1) Labor cert/ I-140/ I-485(AOS): RETROGRESSION affects which of these stages? Where is the main delay? AOS stage?

2) Is it just a myth that applying from some states makes it quicker to get GC than some other states? Hope you understand me. My English is not good. I mean to say that if one person applies for GC from Texas and the exactly same person applies from New York, is there a time difference betwueen the two for getting GC?

Thank you very much in advance

please consult a lawyer.

each stage has its own processing times and each stage can have some sort of delay. retrogression is usually related to PD cut-off dates and you are waiting for your PD to be current which is used in I-485 stage.

getting I-485 approved is based on PD, no matter where you applied, you won't get any approval until PD is current. there is some level of randomness if two person have the same PD and came from different state - whoever applies first might get his/her approval faster.

Hi,

1) Labor cert/ I-140/ I-485(AOS): RETROGRESSION affects which of these stages? Where is the main delay? AOS stage?

2) Is it just a myth that applying from some states makes it quicker to get GC than some other states? Hope you understand me. My English is not good. I mean to say that if one person applies for GC from Texas and the exactly same person applies from New York, is there a time difference betwueen the two for getting GC?

Thank you very much in advance

Archived