Got 221g admin processing in HYD and sent back to USCIS....Please advice

ksrujank

Dear Helper,

I went for Visa Stamping on February 2012 in HYD consulate, they gave me 221g white slip and said they will send back to USCIS for review. In May last week, my status in USCIS website showed that they received my case and below is the message.

Post Decision Activity

On May 23, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

My case was EVC model, and now i am trying to go for EC model. My preferred vendor doesn't wants to file, but i have other preferred vendors who is willing to file. But they said they will file once they get a position with their client.

Now, i have few concerns, i really need someones help in answering the questions...

1. I know that my H1 can be transferred now. But if USCIS comes up with rejection after 221g, can i be able to go for H1Transfer ??

2. Do i have an option of going to chennai consulate other than hyd , once after getting my new H1 with EC model??

Thank you in advance..

Srujan

1. I know that my H1 can be transferred now. But if USCIS comes up with rejection after 221g, can i be able to go for H1Transfer ??

out of knowledge ,H1 Transfer has nothing to do with your old petition.

2. Do i have an option of going to chennai consulate other than hyd , once after getting my new H1 with EC model??

Yes. You can go to Chennai. Inform the filing company to choose Chennai consulate for consular processing at the time of petition.

Good Luck.

Hi Srujan,

Sorry for hear about your case.

1. I know that my H1 can be transferred now. But if USCIS comes up with rejection after 221g, can I be able to go for H1 Transfer?

-> You can either go for new H1B or transfer current H1B. Your H1B attorney gives you best answer for you as he knows about your case.

2. Do I have an option of going to Chennai consulate other than hyd , once after getting my new H1 with EC model??

-> You can go at any consulate in India for visa interview for H1B/H4 visa.

Archived