EB-1 Eligibility Manager for last 5 years

I have been in the US for a total of 6.5 years now and have been in a Managerial capacity for the last 5 years. I am currently working in the US on a L1A visa. Can my employer apply Green Card in EB1 category?

I had read online that in this category, the employee must have worked in either a managerial or executive capacity, for the related company abroad, for at least a one-year period in the three years preceding the transfer. But since I have been in the US for so many years I am not sure if the employer can apply in this category or not?

Thanks for your help in adv

The short answer is yes. However, the more difficult aspect of the EB1 petition is ensuring the prior position abroad qualifies as a managerial or executive position. Therefore, it is advisable to speak to a qualified U.S. immigration attorney prior to proceeding. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived