EB2 requirement

KillEmAll

Guys,

Here's a complicated one for you gurus here.

1. Completed my bachelors (4-yr US degree) and joined a startup. Worked there for 8 months.

2. Transferred to Company A and worked there for 3 years. Meanwhile was taking Master's Degree courses part time.

3. Joined Company B before completing my master's and after 6 months or so of joining Company B graduated with my master's degree.

4. Now Company A wants to hire me back.

Total post BSEE work experience outside of Company A = 8 + 6 months = 1 yr 2 months

Assuming the job description from Company A requires a Master's degree + 1 year of work experience - are there any legal issues from preventing company A to file for EB2? Can I use my recently earned master's degree since I earned it AFTER leaving company A. Or is it going to be an issue because I did not start my master's AFTER leaving company A.

Thanks for your time!

Metallica Still RULEZ!

Like I said above the job description requires 1 years of work experience + a masters degree. I meet the requirements. What part are you confused about?

You said: "Assuming the job description from Company A requires a Master's degree + 1 year of work experience ..."

AND you also indicated that you worked for them before with only a bachelor's degree and now they want to hire you back.

What you did NOT state was what the "old job" was and "new job" would be. If they previously hired a bachelor's degree holder and the ONLY difference is YOUR education, then how does that support reclassifying the JOB?

That is how USCIS will look at it. Now, please, explain in greater detail and MAKE ME UNDERSTAND.

It merely looks like you want the employer to rework the labor cert info to suit you rather than the job. IF that is NOT the case, explain how it really is.

BigJoe thanks for your reply. I c your question now.. so the old job was an entry level job and the new job is a senior level position with managerial duties. I have read some posts about job duties having to be 50% or more different - something along those lines. Quite frankly as of now I dont know.. and I guess to be conservative lets assume the answer is no. Having said that the old position has already been filled and the labor cert is not for the old position. They are really looking to hire a senior position.

ravi.. thanks ill check with them.

chtummalla.. thanks

BigJoe thanks for your reply. I c your question now.. so the old job was an entry level job and the new job is a senior level position with managerial duties. I have read some posts about job duties having to be 50% or more different - something along those lines. Quite frankly as of now I dont know.. and I guess to be conservative lets assume the answer is no. Having said that the old position has already been filled and the labor cert is not for the old position. They are really looking to hire a senior position.

ravi.. thanks ill check with them.

chtummalla.. thanks

If that company has a track record of promoting from within (like just about every company on planet Earth) then that means that similar jobs in that company are likely already filled by folks who do not have a Master's degree.

Why would a company suddenly start requiring Master's degrees for a position that was likely historically filled by promoting from within the existing workforce from a pool of folks who began in entry level jobs without Master's degrees (probably not one in the bunch)?

A paradigmatic shift would require grand justifications and the Department of Labor would probably not buy it BUT even if DOL did not question it, USCIS would challenge it and make a dozen surprise "site visits" and delve into ALL past petitions filed by that petitioning company. With that hanging over the employer's head and the potential for debarment looming in its wake, the company lawyer will tell them to play it safe.

That of course is where your query began on this forum topic.

Archived