Job Location Change after I-140 Approval. Will move back to original location once PD is current?

sampitroda

I'm currently working for company A in state A. I have my green card filed in EB2. My PERM application has the state A address on it. I have my I-140 approved and am waiting for my priority date to become current. It will take atleast another 3 years for my priority date to be current. I'm married and my wife works in a different state.The company I work for has an office located in state B which is close to where my wife lives. My lawyer says that since the green card is for future employment, until I file the I 485 petition I could work from the company location in state B. This will enable us to live together. I will still be working remotely for my company located in state A just sitting physically in a different office. The lawyer says I will have to file a H1B amendment specifying the new job location in state B in addition to the job location in state A. I will move back to State A once the priority date becomes current for filing my I-485 AOS. Is it ok for me to change the job location as indicated above ? I hope I won't run into any issues with my green card paperwork or any future H1B stamping. Please let me know as soon as possible.

• 5 months later...

Archived