H1B visa got terminated! Please help with options!!

vidyasingampalli

I was working in USA till Apr 2012 on H1B. There was an emergency and I was forced to come back to India on Apr 20th 2012. My employer has terminated my H1B as I didn't tell them the specific date when I will be back to USA. Now what are my options to go back to USA and work on H1B? Please help me. I still have 3 years left on my H1B.

" Now what are my options to go back to USA and work on H1B? Please help me. I still have 3 years left on my H1B."

=> You already been on H1b and must know that to enter in USA on H1b, you should have an employer with valid job and they should sponsor your H1b.

how do you know that your employer has terminated h1b, please check with them again and request them to send documents for stamping if they have not terminated,

else try to find another employer, you do not come under h1b cap as you have already been counted once

"how do you know that your employer has terminated h1b, please check with them again and request them to send documents for stamping if they have not terminated,"

=> That doesn't work. The H1b ends with the end of employee-employer relationship. H1b termination has no meaning for employee. Employer HAS to report to USCIS that the relationship had ended and thus request to revoke H1b. To create employee-employer relationship, H1b should be filed again. Employee-employer relationship means employee should be paid all the time (while in USA), or on approved/ written unpaid vacation.

Archived