Successful Visa Stamping in Merida Mexico

giri26

I went for stamping in Merida Mexico yesterday and got my visa. The VO did not ask too many questions but the interview lasted for about 10 minutes. I work in the EC model and this is my 3rd Visa stamping.I Will post a detailed experience when I get back to US this weekend. I collected the passport on the same day. Please let me know if you have any questions. I was not asked for any documents other than the I129 and I797 which I submitted along with my application.

Yes you would have to get the Mexican visa (it is $36). Once you get the visa, you book the appointment after paying the H1B fees. The rest of the process is same as how you would do to go to Canada. The Mexican Visa is easy, I got mine in 2 days (Submitted Day 1, collected it the next day). Please let me know if you have more questions.

Yes you would have to get the Mexican visa (it is $36). Once you get the visa, you book the appointment after paying the H1B fees. The rest of the process is same as how you would do to go to Canada. The Mexican Visa is easy, I got mine in 2 days (Submitted Day 1, collected it the next day). Please let me know if you have more questions.

I am finding hard to find the form to fill to get the mexican visa..I went to the Mexican Phily website and can't find any. Could you point me to the form for applying for Mexican visa. Can it be applied in any Mexican Consulate in US? Also do i need to have the Consulate appt booked before applying for Mexican visa? What docs do they need?

Sorry for too many questions.

Following are the documents required for mexican visa. You can apply any mexican consulate in USA

1. i797

2. Passport

3. 3 months Bank statements with minimum of $2000 balane (I guess) + credit card statement with credit line

4. 2 passport size photos

5. Application form (you can fill it in consulate itself)

6. Itinerary details (book some hotel in mexico and cancel it after visa)

I am finding hard to find the form to fill to get the mexican visa..I went to the Mexican Phily website and can't find any. Could you point me to the form for applying for Mexican visa. Can it be applied in any Mexican Consulate in US? Also do i need to have the Consulate appt booked before applying for Mexican visa? What docs do they need?

Sorry for too many questions.

Hi sorry for the late reply. Please go to the below link and click on the documentation link from the side menu. There you have to click on visas and then on "Tourist/Transit". On the next page you will find the application form.

http://www.consulmexchicago.com/

Fill that form and then carry all the documents as mentioned by Sribalaji. You don't need the US visa appointment prior to getting the visa. You can just tell them that you are going for a visit. Just print out an itinerary and take it with you. I got my visa in one day. Submitted on day one and got it on the next day.

Let me know if you need more information.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Giri26,

Can you please share the details how the visa issuance in Merida and How are Vo's and what kind questions did they ask you? And Is it good to travel from Cancun or Good to go to Merida. Can you please explain in detail?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply: Below is my experience in Mexico,

It is better to fly to Cancun as the flight cost is lesser. You can take the ADO bus from Cancun to Merida (travel time 4 and a half hours). Please let me know if you have more questions.

Archived