Successful stamping in Ottawa

tux78

I am in my sixth year of H1b working for a big ten university. I had a I-140 from a previous employer and was able to change job last year and extend H1b until 2014.

In 2010, I went to Vancouver for the first stamp. I was subject to 221-g. I had my interview on Tue morning and got the passport back the following Monday (This was before Loomis/DHL setup).

Last week I had my interview in Ottawa, June 12. Ottawa seems very fast, friendly, and efficient. On Tue morning, my appointment was scheduled for 8:00am. I was done with the interview at 9:30am. The counserlor only saw my passport and I-797. After that he asked me what do I do and how long I been in this job? Then he told me visa has been approved. I picked up the passport from the Napean loomis station Thu, at 3:30pm (it was ready earlier).

Hi,

Did you get any email from them when the passport is ready. Can you please tell me at what time did you get that email. I got my visa approved on Monday and still waiting for the email and today is wedensday. If i can get that email today I dont want to extend my motel for one more day otherwise I need to book the hotel before 10. Can you please share the info.

Thanks

Hi,

I have my visa interview on July 16th 2012.

Can you please tell me the location of the motel you are in so that I can book it as well. And how far is it from the Embassy.

I will be flying from Atlanta, can you let me know to which airport In Ottawa I need to Book my Flight.

Thanks,

Farooq

Archived