221(g) Additional Petition-Related Information

zealous1234

Dear All,

I had interview in US consulate Karachi - Pakistan for new H1B. Interview went well but VO issued me 221(g) Additional Petition-Related Information form and marked few documents which my company is suppose to submit from AMEX.

Few questions;

1 - Anyone had faced this situation and what was the follow up procedure to settle this.

2 - What is the significance for this 221(g) Additional Petition-Related Information?

3 - How much will it further delay the stamping process?

Any other information pertaining to this situation will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Zealous

1 - Anyone had faced this situation and what was the follow up procedure to settle this.

Many of them are struck in India due to the 221G(Admin processing), All that you have to do, is to provide the documents or information the consulate requested and wait.

2 - What is the significance for this 221(g) Additional Petition-Related Information?

Administrative processing, Not sure about significance.

3 - How much will it further delay the stamping process?

It's subjective, anywhere between 2 weeks to 8 months(approx), and depends on the type of work model(EC, EVC, FT.)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Following questions regarding 221(g) Additional Petition-Related Documents is raised.....

1 - Does US embassy starts its admin processing and security check even if they don't get the papers they've requested? Or my case is on hold and will be picked up only once all the requested docs are received to them.

2 - Does this type of 221(g) is raised because applicant isn't able to convince the officer or VO need to have more documents?

Many Thanks

• 3 months later...

Archived