221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

@vaddy224

May I know the questions are related to what? If it is EER they will process here itself and issue visa but no one knows how long they will take. They are trying their best to hold as much as they can for no reason, for example in my case there is no processing after May 11th, before that they did all kind of processing related to EER. If I ask more ifno they will say we have limitation to process on each day.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Sathy's thanks for the update, I dont know why I got a 221G. I am kinda getting afraid now. Infact what are we supposed to do now?I am perplexed. I am sure that they are trying their level best to not allow anyone thru by issuing this stupid 221G. I also signed the questionnaire of this EER where they asked me a lot of questions. Glad2000 had his 221g on Feb7th, and ur was on Jan 30th, to me I thot u might get it first and then glad2000. But from the look of it, he got it first and ur info is yet to come, ie its counting out to be a random process and nothing else.

One thing which I wanted to share with u guys is that my i140 is approved now. Will it make any difference to this 221G?

Please post feedback and updates,

Appreciate all the updates and feedbacks.

@vaddy224 Dont panic at this moment there is nothing to do except wait for the consulate to respond.Since you signed the questiionire of EER your visa approval will depends on your answers to those questions.There are very strct guidliness of EER that USCIS came up with and so consulate is kind of strict with it.To my knowladge they whould send that question/answers you signed to USCIS and if USCIS says that answers you provided meet the EER then consulate will approve your visa.I dont what your answers were.Please look into the below memo and see if your answers satisfies EER hhttp://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2010/H1B%20Employer-Employee%20Memo010810.pdf

@vaddy224

My I140 had been approved long back, it doesn't make any sense. I think the processing is not random,. they go by interview date and they have set of process to complete for each type of case. When I compare the date when Glad2000 got his new 221g, what I said about my case is correct, my case status came to verification(last in AAP) on 7th May itself. But after that there is no update in my case, so I am hoping that they are not doing any personal check or anything else for me.

I am pretty sure your's and mine are of the same type, hopefully we should hear soon. For last couple of months I have been noticing that consulate updates passport submission for a batch(may be based on what they completed processing thorough out the month) no matter on what date they complete the verification. Don't loose hopes, keep tight if you answered what you do in your client place and the same is in your I129 they should issue visa.

Are you on EVC or EC? MIne is EC. They can just delay the stamping.

Visablues and Sathys, thanks for the quick update and the support. Guys, I will have to admit that the support which I am getting in this forum is amazing. I wholeheartedly thank u guys for all this.

Mine is a EVC model. I answered all the questions. Also, Visablues, I would slightly disagree with u on the response, I have seen weird cases getting approved. Serioulsy, when I went for my stamping, I had my approved H1, since I shifted the client I also had my amended petition also approved. When I gave the VO, the original H1B and I told her that I also have my amended petition, she did not even know of that or what amended petition means. I also had my LCA for the new client also. From what I feel, may be I might be wrong, its sheer luck and nothing else.

Also, if Sathys had an intimation on May7th, mine and Visablues might also get it approved soon. Anyway, at this point of time, hope is our only weapon.

@VisaBlues & @vaddy

In that memo itself there is clearly stated that officer should make decision based on some point, it is not required to meet all. Since 90% consulting firms not meeting all the points USCIS staff make reasonable decision. I would say if USCIS reviews your case you will get it approved, but it takes time. When consulate makes decision without approaching USCIS then it becomes dangerous, but if it takes more than 8 weeks then then case is being reviewed at US end(DHS/USCIS). So no need to worry.

In consulate they like you when you say you get tasks/corrections/bugs/etc., from a person whom you contact once a month/week. They don't think how efficiently developer can perform if you get tasks from a person who don't even see the system and why there is a person should talk to client manager over phone and pass the same to another person who is sitting near the same client manager and they even suspect cases like mine where we have on site supervisors.

@H1b221ghelp

I agree with Visa blues, they have not done anything after that and my case status was pending AAP for last one month and on Friday it changed to In Process AAP( Visa blues I meant this only not AP/AAP). Let's see if we hear something this week or next week.

@vaddy224

No update, when I called this morning she said still in aditional admin process. They don't even want to look at the status, just without checking anything they will say in process even after 4 and half months. She did not even asked my PP no/case no today, just said in AAP and it will take time:(

Thanks for your help guys.

Atlast i received my passport with VISA today.

I think, my email with subject "120+ days pending" did the trick. For my previous 2 emails VFS didn't even care to send it to Consulate. But this time with that status message, VFS forward my email to consulate and got my VISA.

I would suggest to include the days pending in subject and send an email. All the best.

My petition end is sep 30th, 2012 and got visa with same expiration date. Hoping no trouble at POE.

Thanks Again for your valuable inputs. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

@H1b221Ghelp

Wonderful, have safe trip. Hopefully we should receive some update soon, from this we are seeing that they started to work on our cases again after one month of pending. I think the delay was just because some staff had gone for vacation and they don't value or life:( Any way I am happy for your happy ending and work on GC so that you don't have this problem agian.

Hi All,

I attended H1B visa interview on Apr 10 and was issued 221g pink slip.The VO asked to wait for 8-10 weeks and they collected my passport.Its more than 8 weeks now still I did not got any information from the chennai consulate.I work for large MNC and I have common muslim name.I mailed to VFS asking for the status and got the reply last week that they have forwarded my mail to chennai consulate.Yet to receive the reply.Not sure this will work or not.

Can any body tell me how long they ll take to clear this 221g for common muslims names.?

Hi,

There is a bad news from my part, my Visa has been revoked, I am not sure what needs to be done.

Reason has not been told in that letter. It is told that they will contact my petitioner.

Kindly email me suitable suggestion at this blog. I have my amended petition ready,since I changed the client, can I go for a stamping once more?

Is it possible for me to go to US in a H4 Visa, if my spouse can sponsor the Visa?

Thanks

vaddy

Hi,

I got this letter drafted as "Letter of Refusal" on Saturday. There are a few points which I would like to discuss at this point of time.

a) My interview was on 17th Feb, the letter which I got was dated on 23rd Feb.

All this while, me and the senator's aide who was helping was given an answer that my H1B is in Administration Pending, this is the answer which I got from DOS. How come an H1B which was rejected on 23rd Feb, be in Admin Pending for the last 3 months?

b) In the letter it is specifically written that the H1B was being returned to USCIS and from there to the petitioner. The petitioner has to reply to the letter for unrevoking the H1B. What does that mean at all?

c) I had registered for a Change of Employer status, which is called Amendment. I have the Amendment filled and approved. Can I go for a further appointment with my Amended H1B for further stamping?

Would the amended petition be regarded as a fresh H1B?

d) Or does the above letter meant that my H1B was revoked and I can apply for a new H1B. If so, can I go for the stamping with the newer H1B?

Please provide the feedback, I would appreciate it.

@vaddy224 I have seen similar cases like yours they whould have made a decision on the same date of interview but however they donoo what they whould do during 3 months.However,this may depend on the answers to your EER questions from the VO I guess.As I mentioned they whould send your answers to USCIS and let them review your answers and if they come up with the negative result I think its then consulate sends the Denial letter .

I have few questions,can you please let me know which model are you in,Questions asked in the interview and your answers to it.This gives us a better idea of what happened with your case.

Archived