221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@VisaBlues

I got similar reply in the last week of April and my client has been contacted in the same week. They have asked about who assigns work, about my project and the duration of my project. Then on 30th of April i received a mail with blue form in it, asking to submit my passport.

I have submitted on May 1st, but still waiting to receive my passport.

Its been 15 days. still waiting.

Sathys01,

Jan 13th is my interview date.

Visablues,

My client was contacted by phone. Before that message, i used to get regular admin processing status from VFS.

Is calling Chennai consulate directly to the number you provided helpful? Did you get the status message anything different than VFS?

@H1b221Ghelp can you plz tell me what were the Emp-E questions asked to the client.Also have you been working remotely during this 221g processing?.In my case I have been working remotely ,will this be of any issue?.I have given a heads up to my manager right now but I am still waiting for some one to contact the client/employer.

@vaddy224 same with me here.I called the consulate today and I was told still in Admin Processing.I asked if there is any progress in my case and I was told that she can definately see the case progressing but couldnt provide me the details of it.My client is not contacted yet.But I did find some of the cases processed in 100-110 days in other forums.Hope we all get the result soon.All this time have you been working remotely for the client?.I am worried since I have been working currently remotely and not sure if it will be of any issue.

@vaddy221

Chennai consulate used to be better than other consulates here, they used to post the status ~110 days in most case that are pending for long time but we never know, this time there are so many pending cases. Mine is 109 days completed now, but I did not got any response still, so I don't know what is going on...

@H1b221Ghelp

Did you got your visa stamped? You can call DOS to see if they have done something today by any chance, if you have not received any update. In your case it is taking so much time after passport submission:(

USCIS/DHS did their verification(client on site visit and employer) in just two days of time, I don't what processing they can have for two months after on site visit in my case.

When i sent an email yesterday to VFS for my case.

Today got reply with same old status message. I'm confused, Did my case again went back to square 1 :(.

I haven't contacts Consulate yet (with the number you guys provided). will do on monday.

"This is to inform you that if your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information."

@H1b221Ghelp

You don't have to worry you won't have any such problem. I think Chennai consulate has so many cases that are pending and they don't have any proper way to handle so many cases. They should be getting same status update form many folks like us and they don't want to waste time to see who's status is what actually. There should be some defined process and number of days to do it.

I was so frustrated and asked DOS staff about this, she said Consulate is not able to decide that you are not eligible(if you are not they will send immediately) mean time they were not able decide that you are eligible(even after 4 months of processing). But people like us will think there is nothing that cannot be resolved within given time that is the reason client is still waiting for us at least from that they should understand. You will definitely get it approved soon, good luck.

Archived