221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone,

I am also a victim of the 221g form. Below are my case details. I am hoping some of you could please shed some light in my case.

I went for visa stamping at VFS Hyd on Feb 9th 2012 and got a 221g yellow slip. My case is EVVC model. 221g slip clearly said my application is being returned to the USCIS for further review. Since then I have only been waiting till date with no updates what so ever.

I have contacted USCIS/ VFS Hyd multiple times by now and also engaged my Senator's office only to learn that my application hasNOT EVEN BEEN receivedby USCIS yet. USCIS has no trace of my application being sent to them for review. When I re-inquired with VFS about their false claim, they have nothing better to tell me other than sending me the same scripted email.

Its been about 5+ months now and the only progress made in my case is the learning that my application has not been received by USCIS yet and no one in VFS can tell me whatever happened to it.

Please advice!

Thanks

@sathys01 is she not even asking the Case# and Name that should be good enough to be able to retrieve your case.But its so worrying thing this wait is giving us.We have been waiting for 5-6 months without knowing if positive or not.This has been extremely bad suffering.I am getting a feeling if its worth to wait or go with allternate plans.

@VisaBlues

I don't think she can pull my record without having any key, it is jut ignorance in thier end.It is almost end of 5 th month, since client verification completed in the second month and they did not find anything during that time I hope they should post me something....

Let's see ~6 months we see some good cases get positive out put.

same reply from vfs again:( ::(

"

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

"

Hi Guys,

My case is H1B 221(g) pending LCA (other documents).

A yellow slip was handed over asking me to submit LCA, Passport and I797.

Interview date: July 5th 2012

Documents submitted: July 19th 2012

How much time do you think this will take considering that this is not a case of Administrative processing?

Sathys and Visa, I did attend my H4 Interview a few days back. VO Told me that my Visa is approved and I will get my passport back in a week. I am hoping that my passport will come in a week.

While I was there I gathered some info, publishing those info

a) six months back, the sitn was horrible, everyone was rejected.

b) Many people who have been rejected have went for interview once more and have got their Visa Approved.

c) Sitn as of today or recent periods have been very encouraging and people are getting stamped.

Is there any truth in this?

I withdrew my application and send a notarized letter for the same before I attended the interview.

@vaddy224,

Thank you for posting your experience. I do agree that the time when we went last time ~Oct to Feb was really a bad time. Congrats and have safe trip to US.

@Bingo124

AAP - Aditional Administrative Processing, they may choose to go through this sometimes after you submit documents. There is posibility to get it stamped without going through it also.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the wishes. I am yet to receive my passport though. Hoping to get it today or at the most tomorrow.

I did withdraw my application. I spoke to the VFS and inquired about the steps for the same.I made a notarised doc with a request to withdraw the application. I send that along with the 221G letter as an email to them. They forwarded that letter to USCIS. I recieved a ack email from VFS telling that the email was forwarded to USCIS.

The problem with withdrawing the older H1B visa is that you are loosing ur chance, but honestly a second attempt might not be bad also.

We are kinda set in an impasse, what to do remains the question? Its a tricky decision to be made. The whole withdrawing might take like 2 weeks.

Archived