Does size (# of employees) of the employer and being a first time H1-B filer matter?

blancx

Dear Intellectuals,

I currently work for an employer with around 100 employees including current and former H1-B visa holders. In other words, a good size company and has a record of successful H1 visa filing.

My new employer has a strength of around 30 employees and is a first time H1-B petitioner (for myself). The LCA was denied the first time since the DOS did not find the Employer ID number in the database (I'm guessing because there was never a record since they have never filed for H1 before). A new LCA has been applied and its under process.

My question - Will the size and being a first time H1-B filer matter in the H1-B decision? Both current and new employers are law firms, are 100% legit and have big business portfolio (as in, have a lot of work and are capable of paying me well).

Thanks!!

An update, the LCA has been certified. The H1B petition will get filed this week.

Can anyone please answer the question above? I have had a good legal employment record, always a clear employer-employee relationship (always worked directly under the owners of the law firms) and have not faced an issues with H1B transfer before.

Thanks!!

please consult a lawyer.

in your case, no, the size of 30 employees should not matter on your H1 application.

Dear Intellectuals,

I currently work for an employer with around 100 employees including current and former H1-B visa holders. In other words, a good size company and has a record of successful H1 visa filing.

My new employer has a strength of around 30 employees and is a first time H1-B petitioner (for myself). The LCA was denied the first time since the DOS did not find the Employer ID number in the database (I'm guessing because there was never a record since they have never filed for H1 before). A new LCA has been applied and its under process.

My question - Will the size and being a first time H1-B filer matter in the H1-B decision? Both current and new employers are law firms, are 100% legit and have big business portfolio (as in, have a lot of work and are capable of paying me well).

Thanks!!

Archived