Wife Pregnant 3rd trimester, me stuck in chennai - 221g

naveen.grr

Hi,

I work for a biotech firm as a medical scientist in USA. I had to come for an emergency in India. So I attended my first H1B visa interview at Chennai Consulate on the 29th of February. I was given a pink slip under 221g and I am still waiting to hear on my case.

My wife is in her 3rd trimester in the USA. She is also on H1B. She is all by herself and presence is required with her. Her doctor advised not to travel. So she cant come to India. Is there anything we can do to expedite the 221g. Does this qualify under any emergency situation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Naveen.

As far as I know there is no way to expedite the 221 G process. I really hope and pray that your visa is approved quickly. You can try sending email to the Consulate with doctor's contact information and describe your situation. A letter from doctor stating your wife's situation may help. Any family member with visitor visa can accompany your wife for time being. Good luck.

• 5 years later...

Hi Naveen,

I am in the same situation now. I got 221 g in chennai on Dec 19th still waiting for response- my wife pregnant 2nd trimester and with our first kid alone n USA.Please let me know if there is any way to expedite or any other options..

Regards

Khus

12 hours ago, JoeF said:

Your wife and daughter are out of status because their H4 is tied to your H1, and you are not on H1 at this time. They have to leave the country.

Administrative processing is still under process until there is an out come of the decision.My approved H1 is still valid right..how will they go out or status when case is pending?

Archived