Question About Canada H1 B Processing

Varun Singh

Hello Gurus of the Forum,

I'm planning to go to Canada (Vancouver) for my first time H1 B stamping.

I have changed my status from F1 to H1 in 2008 and I haven't gone for stamping since my F1 status.

Please help me answer these questions:

What is the process for booking an appointment in Vancouver?

Can Canadian VISA be applied simultaneously or is it absolutely necessary to have a Canadian VISA to book an appointment.

No you dont need to have canadian visitor visa to book an appointment for vancoverconsulate but it will be helpful... also process of booking an appointment just go to canadian vancover visa website and u will find all the info you need .. or browse in murthy forum lot of people already asked the same ques and u will find lot of answers

Hello Gurus of the Forum,

I'm planning to go to Canada (Vancouver) for my first time H1 B stamping.

I have changed my status from F1 to H1 in 2008 and I haven't gone for stamping since my F1 status.

Please help me answer these questions:

What is the process for booking an appointment in Vancouver?

Can Canadian VISA be applied simultaneously or is it absolutely necessary to have a Canadian VISA to book an appointment.

https://www.usvisa-info.com/en/selfservice this is the website to book your appointment, You need to fill your DS160 before booking an appointment

1. You don't need a Canadian Visa to book your appointment for H1B Stamping at US Consulate
  2. However, whilst booking your US Visa appointment, you need to make sure you have enough time to apply for and receive your Canadian visitor visa. For example it takes about 3 weeks (if you apply via mail) to get your Canadian Visa. This means you should only book an appointment for the US embassy which is at least 3 weeks out.
  3. If you decide to apply for your Canadian Visa first, then remember that the application form will ask you to put an estimate of when you intend to travel and return. If you apply for a single entry visa, the visa will usually be valid for 3 months which means you'll have to make sure you travel within those 3 months

Archived