Birth Certificate RFE

jcjcjc123

Hello,

I got RFE for Birth Certificate and so I am planning to get Affidavit from my uncle and aunt living in India.

My question is:

Do I need to submit original notarize copy (they will have to Fedex it) or they can email me the scan copy (of the notarize affidavit) and I can then print & submit it to TSC?

Please advice asap. Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Hello,

I got RFE for Birth Certificate and so I am planning to get Affidavit from my uncle and aunt living in India.

My question is:

Do I need to submit original notarize copy (they will have to Fedex it) or they can email me the scan copy (of the notarize affidavit) and I can then print & submit it to TSC?

Please advice asap. Many thanks for your help.

Regards

original

It all depends on what you got in your RFE. RFE would clearly state what they need from you. provide only that...neither more nor less.

i got a similar RFE and it clearly told me to submit a photocopy of my original birth certificate. My attorney submitted what was requested in RFE. Please follow instructions on RFE and do not assume anything on your own. Just provide what they had asked for. hope this helps....

Thanks for all your help. I did submit original BC, but TSC still issued RFE for BC and so we are sending two seperate affidavits as secondary evidence.

USCIS does not ask for original. In fact they do not return the originals even if mailed by mistake. Extra work for them. Not sure if they will ask for originals during GC interview or Naturalization. Originals are always verified in person when you go for interview / finger print etc. If you had really sent the original try to get one new from India.

For people who have not yet submitted their applications, if they have any problems regarding birth certificate (incomplete/missing information, non-availability), they should submit copies of their affidavits and school leaving certificate WITH their applications in order to avoid a potential RFE. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure all the information is correctly included in your application packet. Blaming the lawyers will not do any good. Save precious time, avoid stress and benefit from forums like this where people post valuable advice so others can avoid falling into the same hole! :)

Archived