DS 160 question

alladi333

Hello all,

I have question regarding DS 160 form and Visa appointment.

I have started DS160 form with Vancouver location, entered details on first page and saved it to complete it later, BUt I could not get an appointment at vancouver location, instead scheduled it at Calgary location. Now I have submitted my DS 160 associated with the visa appointment but started for Vancouver. While filling the DS form, the last question asked was about the location information which is editable field, So I have edited it to Calgary and submitted my DS 160 got confirmation with Calgary location.

Question:

Do I have to start a new application with Calgary location selected now and update my appointment by giving a call to the CSC or Am I good to go?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived