Begineers question on green card

Hello All

My company is setting requirements as MS +4yrs work experience towards a job posting which potentially will be used towards the green card application. I have 3 yrs and 6 months of experience prior to my current company (with current company it exceeds 4 yrs requirements). I want to understand if this can be a problem in future or not?

Also I begin to understand that Green card applications are based on future job positions. If that is the case then by the time they file my case then I would have way more than 4 yrs of experience. Can someone please explain it to me at what stage of filing I MUST have the published years of experience?

Thanks

Generally, an individual needs to possess the required experience prior to employment with the sponsoring employer. However, there is an exception to this requirement. The Beneficiary of a PERM application may utilize experience with the sponsoring employer if the experience gained was in a substantially different position than is being proffered in the PERM application. Moreover, if the Beneficiary is currently engaged in the proffered position of the PERM application, that Beneficiary must have possessed the minimum requirements prior to engagement in that position. If you have additional questions it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived