221g Green Slip @New Delhi Consulate

SJR

Hello all,

I have attended visa stamping at New Delhi consulate on March 1st.

After couple of questions about my employment, VO gave me 221g green slip.

I have submitted all required documents on March 2nd.

Is 221g green almost a denial? How long I can wait? My client can wait for 30days maximum.

What is difference between 221g green, blue and pink.

Please share your inputs...please!!

Hi, I was in the same situation. It doesn't mean your case has refused. You/your employer needs to submit mentioned documents. Once you submit, they will review it. This process will take at least 1-2 months depending on case to case.

But if it is mentioned end-client letter and your client is ready to give, you are perfectly fine, otherwise it would be a problem. I am stuck in this situation. Hope i replied your question,

I hv called chennai consulate to know my case num.. as i hv forgot to make a note of 221g num.. she said its diff to get the num now.. plz mail us v wil try to help..

i hv sent email to them asking how many days it takes to approve? case num etc..? hope for the best

• 2 months later...

From what i know the time frame is 2 to 4 weeks from the date of submission of your documents. The best way to search for the documentation would be to call the consulate/vfs helpline and see if they could give u a number.

I know as i just got a 221g green slip.... i was told by my US based attorney that .. 221g is now common practice for all consulting employees [ evc ] or h4 aspirants

and so far i have been told that if you submit the documents asap your rate of sucess is 80% . ofcourse a lot of consultants are scared away by the ask for more documents ... but if you carry all the right documents .. you have nothing to fear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have attended visa stamping at New Delhi consulate on March 1st.

After couple of questions about my employment, VO gave me 221g green slip.

221g is a request for administrative processing/review of more paperwork document..... from what i have seen....soo far the color differance denotes different types of documents that need to be submitted. as long as u submit the geniune paperwork you should be fine

I have submitted all required documents on March 2nd.

Is 221g green almost a denial? How long I can wait? My client can wait for 30days maximum.

What is difference between 221g green, blue and pink.

Please share your inputs...please!!

did you submit the documents that where asked off ?

did your employer get a call/emial from immigration / uscis ?

did you call up vfs / DOC for case status ?

hi guys any updates?

I am on the same boat . i went to new delhi . They collected my passport and I797 after interview and asked for documents as per green 221 g .

thanks

Archived