Company sold our division - acquired company has no office in the Labor applied location

Hi Experts,

I have applied my green card on EB-2. The priority date is Oct 2008 (Current). My labor certification is based on Denver, Colorado. I have the I-140 approved and the priority date is current since Jan 2012. However because of a date of birth conflict (trying to correct my passport based on the original birth certificate date), I couldn't apply my I-485 till now.

My company has sold a division of it (1000+ employees) and the acquiring company has made the purchase agreement as if it is a successor in interest (Assuming all liabilities, debts, contracts, H1B visa etc.). However, the new company has no office location in Denver (they are based in Washington D.C).

The new company's attorneys are saying, I don't have to transfer the H1B since they bought the division including the visas. But, since they do not have an office in Denver, is it going to affect my green card process? Do I have to start all over again?

Looking for an expert advice on this.

Thanks,

Reevs.

Archived