First time H1B Visa stamping, Planing to stamp it from Canada. Suggest please

harshchauhan

Hi all

My Name is Harsh Chauhan, I got my H1B Visa approved last year in October 2011. Now i am planing to go and get it stamped. I am not in the favor of going to India for stamping because of the bad reviews and less chances to get it stamped so I am planing to go Canada instead of India for this stamping purpose.

I have few Questions for Murthy community please suggest and help me out with a suitable solution.

1. Can a first time H1B visa approval go to Canada for stamping?

2. What Consulate location is the best (in terms of results) in Canada to go for H1B Visa stamping?

3. As i work in layers model (Employer-Mid vendor- Client), my Client's policy does not allow them to provide me

any client letter but they can provide me other evidence which can proof my employment with them as a

contractor. should i still go for stamping?

1. Can a first time H1B visa approval go to Canada for stamping?

> You should go to canada only if you have masters from US

2. What Consulate location is the best (in terms of results) in Canada to go for H1B Visa stamping?

>If you have proper docuentation consulates doesnt matter.

3. As i work in layers model (Employer-Mid vendor- Client), my Client's policy does not allow them to provide me

any client letter but they can provide me other evidence which can proof my employment with them as a

>I have seen some similar cases . But IMO its not a good idea to go without a client letter .

@USADreams

Thanks for you suggestions.

1. Yes i do have Master degree from US University.

2. I am planing for Vancouver consulate coz i heard results there are more positive than other consulates.

3. What could happen with NO Client letter with documentation? although my client said that they can send an Email to me stating that they can't provide them client letter because of their policy and then i can show consulate the proof. Will this work?

@Harsh ,

Email's are allowed at the consulate.If possible instead of getting a mail stating that Client does not provide any letter,try to get the content of Client letter in that mail.That would put your case more stronger.Also make sure that Employee-Employer relationship is defined clearly in that mail.If not there might be changes for 221(g)-further review.

USADreams,

would you point or any useful links where we can refer this statement

"You should go to canada only if you have masters from US"

or any of your freinds have issues firsttime stamping with US education ?

Any information will help me, as i am planning to go canada for first time stamping with out US education and 2010 L1 to H1 COS.

u can go to canada.. thought u got answers for everything except clientletter.let me tell or talk on this..

No client letter no problem. tell ur client to give it in paper or email and take that copy and get it notarized, when VO asks show this and say that client policy not to give letter and show them this.. this will act as a client letter and to added proof of this u should also show some emails between u and client as proof...

• 1 year later...

@indspg

at this link

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/temporary-worker-distinguished-merit-other-than-nurses.html

they mention the following point

Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to first-time H1B applicants if the applicant's education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the United States or Canada. In the absence of U.S. or Canadian education or work experience, we strongly encourage you to apply from your country of residence.

Also check out this

Can you go to First time H1B visa stamping in Canada ?

This is a very confusing question for everyone, can we go to Canada then for first time H1B visa stamping. The reality is, there is no rule or any condition written anywhere just like on US Mexico Consulate website on US Canadian Consulate general website. The consulate general website mentions that H1B visa holder required documents and puts in a clause at the end : “Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1Bapplicants if their education and /or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or Canada”

What they are trying to say is it can create issues if you have full education or experience in your Home country. This is a typical case for L1 to H1B conversion or H4 to H1B visa conversion people. It is a caution to someone who did not study in US or work in US to avoid if you can.

Archived