Can H4-Dependent travel back with old employer's VISA if the date is still valid?

ptr0828

It would be really helpful if we get clarifications for for the below questions:

I am currenlty in USA with H1- VISA. My Kid is also with me in USA and her passport is stamped with H4- VISA stamped 2013 April. I recently changed Employer and got by H1-transferred to new employer and its valid till 2015. My kid H4 VISA is also transferred till 2015 with the new employers, but its not stamped in passport. Am planning to send my kid to india for vacation with my Mother from March 2012 to June 2012( 3 Months).

Questions:

1. Is it mandatory for my kid to get the new H4 VISA stamped in her passport before she travels back to USA?

2.Can she travel back to USA, with the old employer's stamping as the end date is April 2013 ?

3. Will the old employer's H4-VISA be invalidated, as H4-VISA got transferred to new employer ?

• 3 months later...

It would be really helpful if we get clarifications for for the below questions:

I am currenlty in USA with H1- VISA. My Kid is also with me in USA and her passport is stamped with H4- VISA stamped 2013 April. I recently changed Employer and got by H1-transferred to new employer and its valid till 2015. My kid H4 VISA is also transferred till 2015 with the new employers, but its not stamped in passport. Am planning to send my kid to india for vacation with my Mother from March 2012 to June 2012( 3 Months).

Questions:

1. Is it mandatory for my kid to get the new H4 VISA stamped in her passport before she travels back to USA?

2.Can she travel back to USA, with the old employer's stamping as the end date is April 2013 ?

3. Will the old employer's H4-VISA be invalidated, as H4-VISA got transferred to new employer ?

Hi,

Did you get the response from any one. Please share your exp? i am in same boat . please

Thanks,

Archived