March 13th stamping Calgary.

randomramsfield

• 3 weeks later...

I would be happy to help.

It's my H1B extension.

I stayed in Ramada International $90 which 20mins by train to US consulate.( I heard that there is an International hostel close to consulate just $23 per day Free Wi-Fi and Breakfast)

I had my appointment at 8:00Am. catch the train towards city center and the fare is $2.75 one way.

went through the security check and there will be a lady who will take all the required docs for interview and bundle them and handover to us. And once there is a group of 7-10 people the security guides us to 10th floor where there will be another security check and they gives us a coupon and ask us to sit.

1) when your token no is displayed you go to a counter where they ask how old is your photo. and ask some docs if required and then again asked to take seat.

2) Again the token number is displayed and need to go to a counter where they take the finger prints and the officer said all the docs are validated and asked me to take the seat.

3) Again the token number is displayed.

VO: Good Morning how are you doing

ME: Good morning I am doing good how abt you.

vo: are you here for the H1B

me : yes.

vo: are you visiting Canada?

me:yes

vo: when did you come to canada.

me : date entered.

vo: who is your employer

me :xxxx

vo: find me the W2 from the bundle handed over .

me : found the docs from the bundle and handed over.

vo: what's your salary

me :xxxx

vo: where do you work at employers loc or at client loc

me : client loc ( be care ful this is a trap question)

vo: client name

me : xxxx

vo: whom do you report to ? is it client manager or your employer

me: I report to xxx at xxxxx, every week status call by conference.

vo: why is the amount less in W2 than Salary?

me: explained her that is my current salary in the employer letter I moved from a different location in Feb and I got a hike in my salary.

vo: are you benched

me:No

vo: Submit again with addition docs ( for a moment my heart was in my mouth)

me : I asked what docs do you need.

vo: Submit again with 1 year payslips.

me : I said I have all the originals with right now but the photocopies handed over has got only 6 months ( take all the pay slips you have )

vo: Give me

me : I handed over the huge bundle of payslips for 4 years.

vo: why is your salary less in Dec 2011 than others.

me : I said I had Lasik surgery and took LOP.

vo: don't your company pay you on vacation?

me : They pay me vacation but I want to use the vacation for my trip to India and that's the reason I took LOP.

vo: where did you get operated and who is the DOc?

me : Said the hospital name and Doc name.

VO: how did it go and how are you feeling?

me : I said I had a complication after the surgery ?

vo: :(

me : I got re-operated and I am recovering now? I am doing good now.

vo: Your visa is approved , collect it at the location you specified.

me : Thanks.

I would say be confident and maintain eye-to -eye contact . answer just for what is asked for . Don't look at what she is typing or at the monitor. Don't panic if they ask you to submit additional docs just ask them what they need and submit if you have it .

I am on EVVL model and she did not ask for client letter or vendor letter.

Thanks for the detailed post akshith!

A few more questions.

1) when your token no is displayed you go to a counter where they ask how old is your photo. and ask some docs if required and then again asked to take seat. What docs did they ask you here? Did you submit client or vendor letter here?

vo: why is the amount less in W2 than Salary? W2 or LCA?

me: explained her that is my current salary in the employer letter I moved from a different location in Feb and I got a hike in my salary.

I heard if the salary is more than mentioned amount from LCA, there should be no problem, It that what she meant here?

vo: what's your salary

me :xxxx What did you mention here LCA prevailing wage or what you are getting?

vo: whom do you report to ? is it client manager or your employer

me: I report to xxx at xxxxx, every week status call by conference.

What did you mention here Client manager or your Employer?

Please let me know the answers.

Thanks again akshith!

1) This is the place where you hand over the bundled DOcs. They ask for the basic docs to scan your case before the original interview.

2)My W2 total amount was less than the amount in the new LCA and my current salary. So explained here that I moved to California where I got a hike and even the salary in the new LCA is more than my W2.

3) Always specify the Salary you are getting and it should be greater than or equal to salary in your LCA. good to have consistent pay cheque to avoid more questions.

4) You should always report to some one who works for your employer to maintain employee- employer relation ship.

Archived