Vancouver H1-B stamping on Feb 16th

raavij

Hi all today

me and my friend went for stamping at vancouver.

Asked the same questions

who is ur client

who is ur emploer

how long u hav been working ther

any gap in between projects

show me ur i129 petition and LCA

Finally she said ur info is not available in PIMS. it will take 2 or 3 days min to collect ur passport at DHL.

lets hope so to come early :)

my other friend got the same questions

there were 3 more there at the time of interview all got the same qns and all got approved.

@raavij Congrats!!

did you get your h1 approval recently? just curious why your info is not available in the PIMS b'coz USCIS usually updates the info to KCC in about 2-3 weeks after your h1 got approved.

Also can you plz let me know the gap(months) between your h1 approval and visa stamping date.

hi mine iss extension approved on july 2011 and i came for stamping on feb16..ur emloyer has to do that pls check below

PIMS Processing Update

If there’s a chance a beneficiary of a petition needs to obtain a visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate after the petitioner requests a change of status, extension of status, or amendment to the original petition it is advisable that the petitioner submit 2 copies of the updated petition with the original signatures on all forms to USCIS. When submitting the 2 copies of the updated petition it is encouraged to identify one of them with a brightly colored cover sheet with the notation “Please send this copy to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) upon approval”. Once approved, USCIS will then forward the marked copy of the updated petition to KCC for scanning and entry into the PIMS database where the U.S. Embassy or Consulate will be able to access the updated petition.

--tis is from http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html#4

• 2 weeks later...

Archived