Move from H1->H4 ->H1 (to different employer)

immi-1

Hello,

My H1 was originally filed with employer A and I stated working from March 2007. In 2011, I quit job and changed status to H4, went to India for visit and got H4 stamp in my passport. Now if I have to work for any other employer, do I need to get a fresh H1 from qouta (and hence wait till October) or I can just have change of status from H4 to H1 (My 6 years of H1 are still not complete)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My H1 was originally filed with employer A and I stated working from March 2007. In 2011, I quit job and changed status to H4, went to India for visit and got H4 stamp in my passport. Now if I have to work for any other employer, do I need to get a fresh H1 from qouta (and hence wait till October) or I can just have change of status from H4 to H1 (My 6 years of H1 are still not complete)

Thanks

You are cap-exempt. You do not come under quota.

• 1 month later...

Hey

As per your case your CAP-EXEMPT ..You can file your H-1B any time ..but got to wait until you receive your approval notice because you current status is not H-1B ..Prior to 2011 you could have started working for your new employer as soon as you get your receit notice even though your current status is not H-1B .As of 2011 USCIS internal view is to wait until you get your approval notice to start working this is not a Memorandum yet....I got the info from AILA ...Still for better info contact good attorney.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have same probkem!

* H1 Visa validity: 16th sept 2006 to 30th sept 2009 - Never used H1 for travelling

* I am in USA right now, in H4 visa.

Question:

Pls ckeck the old H1 Visa date.

I would like to apply for new H1, Will I be considerd for H1 Capexempt or Cap

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I am in similar boat, but little different question.

I am on H1B since Aug 2007. I worked in 3 different company so far. Company-A, Company-B and Company-C.

Company-B filed for my GC and got I-140 approved and then I change my job to company-C and got extension beyond 6 years based on approved I-140 of Company-B.

Now, I lost my job, so, will need to go to H4 until get new job.

1) Can I still use my approved I-140 of company B to get extensions beyond 6 year once I get job and transfer back on H1?

2) If my new company process for my GC, can I peruse the same PD based on approved I-140 from company B?

Thanks!

I am in similar boat, but little different question.

I am on H1B since Aug 2007. I worked in 3 different company so far. Company-A, Company-B and Company-C.

Company-B filed for my GC and got I-140 approved and then I change my job to company-C and got extension beyond 6 years based on approved I-140 of Company-B.

Now, I lost my job, so, will need to go to H4 until get new job.

1) Can I still use my approved I-140 of company B to get extensions beyond 6 year once I get job and transfer back on H1?

2) If my new company process for my GC, can I peruse the same PD based on approved I-140 from company B?

Thanks!

You can get extensions as long as the I140 is not revoked by company B.

Yes you can retain the PD.

Archived