PCC while in US ?

jk25

no what we need is the passport police certificate. US consulate doesnt issue PCC...concept of PCC doesnt exist in US.

I got mine in India. For submitting to NVC..Its not needed to get PCC from local police. Also when you apply for PCC in india..the policeman comes to your home from your local police station and verifies your identity. You will need to provide the ration card and other proofs of ID even while applying for PCC in india. PCC in india is to be applied at the passport office. For any further questions.. you may email me immigftj@gmail.com

HTH

immigftj

Hi Immigftj,

Please let me know what police certificates are required for those people living in US for CP processing at a US consulate in India . The PCC from India can be applied at the local Indian consulate and it takes 60 days while the local state police (US state) can be obtained in about 3 weeks time. Whether both are required ? Thanks in advance .

(Nivar)

hi, I got mine from Indian consulate in Canada, But I got another from Canada as I live in Canada, where only thing they gave me was name check record. Is that sufficient?

My husband is in US and he applied for Canada police clearance certificate , he got his fingerprinting done for that, Is that necessary? This process takes more than 11weeks(they do actually in 4-5 months). If he also can get away with name check then it would be good. Does any one has any clue about this.

I am also doing consular processing.

• 2 weeks later...

no what we need is the passport police certificate. US consulate doesnt issue PCC...concept of PCC doesnt exist in US.

I got mine in India. For submitting to NVC..Its not needed to get PCC from local police. Also when you apply for PCC in india..the policeman comes to your home from your local police station and verifies your identity. You will need to provide the ration card and other proofs of ID even while applying for PCC in india. PCC in india is to be applied at the passport office. For any further questions.. you may email me immigftj@gmail.com

HTH

immigftj

immigftj: I actually meant is PCC needed from Indian Consulate in US and one from local US police station (I am currently in US).

Can someone throw some light on this? I have stayed in 3 different US states for more than 6 months. Do I need to get a PCC from each location or one certificate from the current local police station will suffice.

I seem to go in circles about PCC and will really appreciate help (nope, not getting clear answers from my the attorneys Im currently working with :( )..

You dont need one from local US police station, Read below the link or the quoted text for clarification.

http://travel.state....195.html#police

"Note: Present and former residents of the United States need NOT obtain any U.S. police certificates"

Thanks pvmani. Thats the same I told the lawyers who are handling my case. But to be on the safer side, they wanted me to get from my local police station as well. In the place where I live, local police said they will give police certificate only if I have the letter from the immigration office. So I am going to send my documents with only PCC from the indian consulate.

Archived