Father's name spelled different on my passport and my birth certificate

dush51

Hello,

I'm trying to pool all the documents required for AOS filing and found that my father's name is spelled slightly different on my passport and my birth certificate. Father's name on my birth certificate is the correct one and its the same as on my father's passport. Do you think its is going to be a problem? I've a photocopy of my father's passport with the correct name.

Attorneys and members, please respond to my question. If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Wjat is your father's name of your educational certificates?

If the one on your BC is correct then get your passport fixed.

Hello,

I'm trying to pool all the documents required for AOS filing and found that my father's name is spelled slightly different on my passport and my birth certificate. Father's name on my birth certificate is the correct one and its the same as on my father's passport. Do you think its is going to be a problem? I've a photocopy of my father's passport with the correct name.

Attorneys and members, please respond to my question. If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dont worry about it. goto near indian consulate and get it done. Below are the required documents you need to get it done. Consulate will do the correction on same day.

You can download Misc Services form from consulate website.

1. Misc Services form
  2. Original Passport
  3. Copy of passport
  4. 2 2”X2” photos
  5. Residence proof (bills/license)
  6. H1 797/EAD/GC---
  7. Birth certificate
  8. Mother/Father passport copies if any

Hope this helps :)

Archived